1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare bike for sale (Bring a Trailer)???

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So I am doing my best to not make this a "For Sale" post, so Ill just say I have a couple rare bikes for sale. A Norton and a Ducati.

Anyone have any actual expericne with Bring a Trailer from a buyer or seller? Seems kinda like Ebay but for higher end stuff.

TLDR version, is BAT worth it for selling or are the fees stupid or any real world info?

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Only costs you $99 to list, whether it sells or not. No final fees for you. They don't accept all submissions.... only very nice examples. I think its good for your 2 bikes.

4. Robby-Bobby

Restored Norton Commando and a Parts Unlimited 999

racerx43 likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

999R?

6. Robby-Bobby

No these were the "S" models with the Parts UNlimited scheme. The street version.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

They might take it if low miles and clean.... Norton for sure.

8. Robby-Bobby

Super low miles. Showroom condition. Completely stock other than tires.
    I feel bad cause the more I comment, it feels like a for sale ad, so ill go for it regardless. But DaveK might slam dunk me

9. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

There's an interview with the founder on the smoking tire podcast. He does allude to what's successful and what's not on that sight. It's not slam-dunk advice or anything, but does give a picture of the intent of the site. Basically, they want to sell cool stuff that will generate interesting conversation in the comments with sellers participating in the discussion.

Whatever that's worth.

10. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

There is a norton on there right now if you want to get an idea of what the crowd thinks. Biggest thing about BAT is that you need to stay engaged in the comments. Don’t get shitty or butt hurt. Answer questions as they come in.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

This is Robby Bobby we are talking about. :D

12. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Consider iconic motorbike auctions too - seems their auctions have been bringing good money lately , imo

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LOL yeah Robby Bobby forget about BaT its not for you bro

ChemGuy and zamboiv like this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

LOL would I have to cut down on the word "fuck"?

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Depends. Are you talking about a MotoGP bike and spelling it "FUUUUUUUCK"? :D

16. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Especially if followed by: you!

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'll trade you a big fucking pile of race bikes for the Commando. If it's black and gold, I'll even throw in a beer and a big fucking bro hug.

18. Robby-Bobby

It’s the metal flake blue! My fave

19. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Purple is better.

Attached Files:

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That bike just screams...I have lots...LOTS...of drugs either on me, or in me.

Robby-Bobby and notbostrom like this.