1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Damn BeIn coverage sucked :Poke:

23103a and roy826ex like this.
  2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

This whole road racing on tv shitshow has taken its toll. I’m not chasing this shit anymore. Or chasing a network or the latest streaming shitshow. Change the channel, set your dvr, waste a day waiting for it to come on, it’ll be bumped over golf or some other bullshit programming. Your DVR will be full of shit you have no interest in to begin with.

Hell I am just going riding my motorcycle and to hell with a tv. I’m being honest I don’t give shit who wins or who doesn’t. It’s become a shitshow dog chasing his own tail joke. I’m done with it, in fact been done with it for a while now.

MachineR1 likes this.
  3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

You do realize that's exactly what I said, right?

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was that way 10 years ago until I realized I could pay a minimal fee and subscribe to Motogp, wsbk, and MotoAmerica. And when I cut my cable since that’s all I watched, I saved a butt ton of money and don’t have to deal with commercials or networks. Win win.

5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You would have loved the old configuration :D

R Acree likes this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Slightly along the same lines. Yesterday was Golic & Wingo's last show . With 20 minutes left in the show ESPN switched over to Korean Baseball. The show came back on with 5 minutes left.

roy826ex and Yzasserina like this.
  7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

upload_2020-8-1_7-2-50.png

TLR67 and henry_carlson like this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

This should be interesting. FS2 has Live Horse Racing scheduled @ 3PM

9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

No pj or Corey Alexander this morning

10. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Thanks to Ducati North America you can watch this weekend for free. So never mind PJ’s bike on the fence because they are absolute awesome for that. That means there is absolutely nothing to whine about, at least for this weekend.

The map included in Monday’s Aprilia track day info shows the old turn 12 configuration. I’m hoping that’s true. I started racing right after they changed it and I’ve always wanted to run the gravity cavity my dad told me stories about from the 70/80’s.

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Like Bon Jovi said “ On a steel horse I ride.... I’m wanted... dead or alive....”

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe I’m misreading your post but the old T12 is not gravity cavity. Gravity cavity no longer exists.

YamahaRick likes this.
  14. redtailracing

Did the exact same thing. Plus a couple streaming services. But moto racing and battle bots are pretty much all I watched (wife watched like one show herself) so basically we each gave up one show and I get all access moto racing for what like 3 months of cable cost me.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I never thought I’d say this, but I think I’d rather suffer Jonathon Green than the guy announcing with RH.

Senna, JJJerry, AC1108 and 1 other person like this.
  16. redtailracing

Take it back. Take it back now. Do not dare wish that shit back into existence.

RRP likes this.
  17. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Your are not misreading...
    School me, was there another track change I am unaware of? I can be taught!

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not me, I love RLH's polite one beat pauses after his broadcasting partner says something... interesting. :)

19. redtailracing

Yes. T10A and 10B were previously not there. Instead there was just a really shallow WOT sweeping S between T9 and the Suzuki bridge. Elevation was the same. So instead of slowing way down for 10a and 10b, you dropped down through that valley full tilt. Hence gravity cavity. I’m too you to have even had a chance to ride it myself but I’ve heard it was quite the experience. I’ll try to find an old track map somewhere.

kirk erlinger likes this.
  20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

That dude is a tool.....Roger...you can hear it in his voice sometimes....thinking " why does this guy keep talking"...... talking about movies and best lines from the movies ... has no race knowledge.

Senna likes this.