1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

As articulate and insightful as ever.

2. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Can I comment without getting banned

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Irony is lost on the willfully ignorant

G 97 likes this.
  4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'll start paying attention when anything, including a pair tighty whitey's apparently, is considered a mask. I understand the thought that something is better than nothing. It's kind of like taking a 22 into bear country.....Hey, it's better than nothing...yes, yes it is......

ducnut likes this.
  5. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

this shits not real

418 likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The efficacy of cloth masks was tested in 1918 during the pandemic with the result being
    that the number of layers required to stop the virus also precluded breathing.

7. Motofun352

You see, right there^. That's proof that masks work. No way to die from the Corona if you're already dead.

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I agree people dressed like Yosemite Sam aren't really doing what they need to do. Do you think surgical masks or well fitted N95s make a difference?

9. Motofun352

A full haz mat suit would certainly be better.....On a side note, I get a chuckle watching inexperienced folks getting out of their protective clothing. There is a very special way to do it and not contaminate yourself...most of these folks obviously haven't been trained. Regarding N95 masks, they're still not available for us common folk.

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I've got a box of 10 N95s sitting on my counter.

11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

And I have 30 in my basement. Just remember the 7 P's, and all will be well.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I had this thought today on the fallacious argument that MASKS SAVE LIVEZ!

So, we now have indoor mask mandates nearly nationwide. Ostensibly, when someone goes outside they remove their mask because, let’s face it, they fucking suck to wear.

How do they remove it? They use their hands, right? Do they immediately wash their hands in soapy hot water for a minimum of 30 seconds after handling that sliver of highly concentrated contagions? Remember, that nasty face diaper is what’s saving you from getting the dreaded beerSARS, so naturally it is just teeming with bloodthirsty viruses hell-bent on making Swiss cheese of your alveoli.

So a concentrated dose of pathogens, or a slow, manageable exposure that permits your body’s natural defenses to detect and react to the microbial cocksuckers?

Hmm...

TLR67, 418, sdg and 2 others like this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

But, but...

That's quite a dose of impregnable logic. Too bad it's not contagious.

sdg likes this.
  14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It’s no different than watching people with a mask go into a store, grab a cart, and wander around the place, while touching everything. They have zero concerns about touching door handles or money, either.

I don’t touch anything in public; I always have bleach wipes in my hands. When I take my mask off, I wipe my hands with fresh wipes. I’m paranoid.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hygiene for the win.

ducnut likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Piss poor people prefer populating pompous places

or the proper prep one?

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I still have a big stock pile of don't give a shit.

sdg and Hooper like this.
  18. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Option B. :D I prepped in January after seeing the shit in China. And I don't care if I have a shit ton of food/toilet paper/grappling hooks to retrieve articles lost in lakes, or whatever, that I won't use (or use up) for 6-12 months. Better to have, and not need...

19. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Me too. I go as far as bringing a small sandwich bag with a few Clorox wipes with me as well.

ducnut likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You toss salt over your shoulder and avoid black cats too? :Poke:

FrancisA and sdg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.