1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Stanley Cup thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jul 31, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, it's that time of year...wait, wut?!

Yes, after a 4 1/2 month layoff, the greatest athletes in the world are ready to compete for the most prestigious trophy in sport.

Some observations from this weeks "practice" games (I watched 4):

The star players did not appear to miss a beat. Ovi ripped a one-timer bullet 3 hole that looked like it was shot out of Supermans ass. Just a laser beam. Goal tending also looked quite tidy (with the exception of the Panthers).

On the other hand, passing looked fairly sloppy. Malkin threw a horrible clearing pass right to Hayes and he scored an easy goal. Probably see a lot of that early on.

Almost every team has a 100% healthy bench, yet Marchand and Carlson were both injured in games this week. Those are big losses for the Bruins and Caps.

All in all it should be one hell of an interesting Cup year, pretty much anything can happen and I don't see one team that I would call an outright favorite. Games start at noon tomorrow in the best of 5 series.

Oh, and LGR!

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Little league baseball started?

Ducti89 and rd400racer like this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Anybody that writes 'ice hockey' eats pucks for lunch....

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Let's just get to it. :clap:

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

You dreams may come true if Mika Zibanejad continues to be as hot as he was before the pause. (I tried to make that font smaller but could not)
    It would make me smile if Nashville or Philadelphia get it going.
    For those of you that can't skate ...
    h t t p s ://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup-qualifiers-storylines-2020/c-317740246

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    rd400racer likes this.
  6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I know where the 5 hole is, but I’m almost afraid to ask this group what the 3 hole is?

rd400racer likes this.
  7. rd400racer

[​IMG]

8. rd400racer

And there's actually a 6 hole. That's when it hits the goalie but goes in.

9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Go Pens!!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck your couch! :D

C-A-P-S!

MachineR1 likes this.
  11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I think the Blackhawks are keeping a fresh 8-ball of coke in the locker room for Crawford.

12. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Man, i'm trying...Watched a couple of the games and it was like watching one of those Euro qualifier tourneys where no-one shows up to watch....Ugh... Still, since my Devils sucked giant donkey balls all season, i'm hoping Tampa shows good!! (Oh, and FTR.. :D)

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

14. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Carolina up by one over the Rangers. Mike gets a goal and looks to be in excellent form. Lindquist has stopped a few crucial high quality chances by Carolina.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  15. Sabre699

Good effort but Carolina was too much for the Rangers. ( ...sorry @rd400racer.)
    Chicago currently handing the Oilers their ass.

16. Ducti89

Yeah sloppy penalties by the Rangers helped the Canes. Ludqvist Gave the rangers a chance but it slipped away.

Can’t get the Hawk Oilers game. Wish I did.

17. Sabre699

Shit...that one's on regular NBC.

Ducti89 likes this.
  18. Ducti89

Ah. Haven’t been in those networks for a while.

19. rd400racer

Thanks man, had a little party over to watch it. Rangers had nothing in the first, were just marginally better in the second and couldn't get it together in the end. Love Hank but believe we'd have been a better team with Igor.

Hawks game is a shocker! I like seeing those guys play well.

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

And you cursed them. :D