1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billie Eilish

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 28, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

@redtailracing Ya know..I can't argue your point, when I made that list, I was just rambling names that came to mind.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Only reason I point it out is because there's so much bad pop music out there that I think the little bit of good gets lost in it. Or even worse, a truly talented artist resorts to producing absolute garbage because it's what sells. Lady Gaga and John Mayer come to mind on that front. Amazing talents but you'd never know if you only heard what was on the radio. At least Mayer still keeps some good stuff on his albums and puts on an unbelievable show. I believe he's even admitted to producing junk to pay the bills so that he can freely make the music he really wants without having to worry about a paycheck. Can't say I blame him. Just sad his good stuff doesn't sell. At least Bruno's radio stuff still seems to showcase his talent some.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The older I get, the more all music sucks. :Poke:

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. StaccatoFan

And you ARE OLD. :crackup:

5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Keep going.[emoji16]

Not even close.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. redtailracing

Whatchu mean?

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Ain't nobody within a country mile of Prince.

CRA_Fizzer and chickenpants like this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Never understood the appeal of Prince....

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

He's got a few good songs, but yeah, it was ridiculous how people put home on a pedestal.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

People who really understand music consider him to be one of the greatest song writers of all time. Most people don't realize how much many hits he wrote for other artists from Sinead Oconnor to Kenny Rogers.

Not to mention the fact that he played and recorded every instrument on one or two albums. He was a unique talent to say the least.

SpeedyE, CRA_Fizzer and Hotfoot like this.
  11. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

And he had some serious basketball skills....:crackup::D well according Charlie Murphy he did. 2016-04-21-15_58_36-Charlie-Murphys-True-Hollywood-Stories-Prince-Uncensored-Video-Clip-_-Co.png

TurboBlew, Knotcher and cha0s#242 like this.
  12. redtailracing

I'm not a fan of Prince per se, but like others I've mentioned in this thread, he was an amazing talent when you consider what he could do beyond his radio hits. Just an all around extremely talented musician.

13. redtailracing

Not saying Bruno is, just saying he's the closest thing this generation has. If I have $10 to my name and am the richest man in my town, then I'm the closest thing the town has to a millionaire. Make sense?

14. Knotcher

Prince's Super Bowl halftime show was something very few people could have ever pulled off.

Paige and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So was Janet Jackson’s. And?? :Poke:

16. Knotcher

LOL, well done.

We're talking costumes, right?

Funkm05 likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Bruno's was close! I hear @redtailracing, in terms of breadth of talent, singing, songwriting, instruments, producing, showmanship, they are similar. I happen to like them both, and don't compare them.

18. StaccatoFan

Billie EyeLash is to music what PBR is to beer.
    (Sorry MetalHead)

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Ding ding.

I got to see him live. One of the best guitar players ever.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Paige and JBraun like this.
  20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I like Billie. Her stuff isn’t for everyone. But it is miles ahead of the American idol type crap that passes for music today.

StaccatoFan likes this.