1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Well, we know where the money is spent. But is it coming out of the gun budget or the motorcycle budget. Lord help ya if you're a family person and it's coming out of the family budget. :)

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

PM me the details

3. redtailracing

Understandable. Everyone has their preferences. HK just happens to fit me very well and I've only had good experiences with them. But I totally get where you're coming from. And I think identical guns can even have different feels to them. Like I said earlier, I handled a couple FNS-9Cs while window shopping and thought they felt perfectly fine during dry fire. Then went and bought one. Didn't dry fire til I got home and was severely disappointed.

DmanSlam likes this.
  4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

First impression was this surface was weird, but as soon as I spent time with it I loved it so I have 2 FNs. What made the difference is the layout of a FN handguns, perfect imho. And me no likes a Glock the surface seems slippery and not grip friendly.

5. Neither, it comes out of the gun budget. :D

6. I dunno, maybe I could get used to it after a while. But holding it in the store felt brutal, and I was just holding it, not trying to control recoil. Seemed as if it would tear the skin off my hands.

I went there specifically to get the FN-45, but after feeling the grip, I went with the HK45 instead.

7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Have you considered an XDS with an extended mag? I attached a photo of my fiance's XDS 9mm with an 8 round extended mag and pinky tang compared to my new 48. Springfield also has a 9 round mag that lengthens the grip a little more.

20200730_191023.jpg

8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I like the grip on the FN. I've got a glock and a few other pistols, bought the FNX45tac just because and liked the way it felt, so got a 509 tac and really like it. makes me want to get my glock stippled or put grip tape or something on it.

given the prices of used glocks, I was tempted to sell my old G22 and get a 23 but after a bit of internal debate, I'm going to keep my 22 and maybe get a 17. still hate that if i want a threaded barrel I can't get one from the factory. I"ve got the 9mm conversion threaded barrel for the 22 and mags, but would be nice to have another 9mm without having to swap parts.

what's a good 7" AR rail (m-lok ideally) on the market these days? SLR? Has to be 7" or less. Need one to finish a 300bo upper.

Reloading- been doing it for years, but components are hard to get right now at reasonable prices. I got caught out a few years ago with primer shortages (similar to 22lr a while ago) but I've been collecting brass, primers, powder and a decent supply of bullets. Haven't been doing much shooting but plan to in the fall when it gets cooler again.

9. You made me go get an HK VP9 today. :D

I like how it comes with 3 magazines. I don’t like how they only hold 10 rounds.

MachineR1 and Triple X like this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I've got SLR solo lite's on my AR's and have had a couple on others I've sold. They are good but not sure they are worth $230 these days. I was looking at BCM hand guards until I found the complete PSA upper with an MLOK hand guard that is going to work for my random 12.5 barrel I have and an SBR'd lower that'd just sitting in the safe

gt#179 likes this.
  11. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Yup. Been there and had him work on my gun.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

New addition to my noise makers,,,,, Bullpup 12ga semi auto from Black Aces Tactical. Going to run a couple boxes of shells through it next week to see how it does. Screenshot_20200731-102949.png

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I thought you had. You should try his new flat face shoe. Was featured in a 43x build in new recoil magazine.

vizsladog likes this.
  14. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Nice illustration for comparison. Would have to see if the extended mag is ONLY a 10-rounder since Maryland has a 10-round magazine restriction. But thanks man!

Shocker likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

How many rounds through it, how many rounds with it, how many pennies for it? :D

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Red tail has first dibs. Needs a part I just realized this morning so going to order that today.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I assumed it was used and was just curious about its use and value. I know how much a new costs but no idea how much barrels cost.

18. redtailracing

:crackup:Of course you did. Did you get the SK? The regular VP9 uses 15 round mags as standard. That's the one I have. But would like an SK for concealed carry.

19. redtailracing

Don't worry about holding it for me. I'm still sitting here waiting on my old boss to get back to me regarding whether I will be able to come back to work. Hopefully I'll know something in the next couple of days but it's very much an unknown so even if your setup is perfect for what I need, I can't justify the expenditure not knowing when I'll have an income again. Go ahead and send me the details and such and if it all works out, great. But I don't want to hold you and/or someone else up when I don't even know if I could buy it. Thanks man.

DmanSlam and Quicktoy like this.
  20. Yeah, I got the SK. :D

I really like the way it feels. It came with 3 magazines, but only 2 of them have the “pinky extension”. So I will only use those (and will order more). With the standard one my pinky hangs off the bottom and I don’t like it.

I’ll likely still use the XD-9 as my EDC. It is a little shorter (easier to conceal), and holds 17 rounds.

But then again, the VP9 is a little lighter. So I’ll get an IWB holster for it and try them both and see which one feels better and prints less.