1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiniGP in Hanover MD

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 15, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Looks like what was UnitedMiniMoto in Hanover, MD has partnered with NJMiniGP based on the overall look and feel of their web site.

Their 2020 schedule is out.

https://www.dmvminigp.com/schedule/

A 12 hour Endurance round in Sept?? HOLY SHIT!!!!!

2wheeldev and TurboBlew like this.
  2. 2wheeldev

2wheeldev Well-Known Member

Oh yeah!!ยก!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Are any of the MD kart tracks open during the week for free practice? Heading back down to OCMD with the fam and need something to do during the day. If not, is there trails riding anywhere close by?

FWIW, it's technically in Berlin, MD.

4. StaccatoFan

The kart tracks in OCMD are not for MiniGP. They've probably never heard of it. Those tracks are for the little 5mph go karts people on vacation pay way too much money to amuse themselves with while down at the beach.

DMVMiniGP (formerly United Mini Moto/Karting) advised me they will be opening shortly after the 4th.

They're moving the rental cars off the track area, then they'll do a cleaning of the surface and paint the course lines down.

I cannot wait either...so cool to have that track so close to my house. Tow the Portable Man Cave loaded with the Ohvales over there and have some fun
    for a day with my little Buddy!

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sorry, miscommunication. I know the kart tracks down in OC aren't for minis - I was more asking for Sandy Hook, etc. - are they open during the week for open practice? And/or if not, is there trail riding anywhere near OCMD for a plated dual sport?

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Anybody know if the BWI track is still doing practice days on non race weekends? Their website leaves a bit to be desired.

7. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

This schedule seems to be accurate. The "Open Kart Rental/ Open Practice" days are open for bikes.

https://unitedkarting.com/pages/calendar

8. StaccatoFan

My son and I and @DmanSlam were there Sunday for practice. There was a pretty healthy crowd for a couple hours in the afternoon, they split things into kids and adult groups.
    Practice was just under $60 for the whole thing for the day.

The prior weekend they had MiniGP races..the turnout was pretty good, too.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  9. Spang308

Any idea what the dots indicate? Veiwing on a phone and there is no legend to determine one dot, two dots, three dots.

10. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

Click on the box/ date in question and it will open up and show you what's scheduled for that day.

11. Spang308

Any of you mid Atlantic knuckleheads going to BWI tomorrow? I dredged out my TTR125 and it started on the 5th kick. It's loaded and ready to go. Let's throw down.

12. StaccatoFan

I don't have a mini right now, one's on order. And I don't have my son this weekend, or we'd be there for sure.

The turnout there may be light today because there's racing at Sandy Hook today.

Spang308 likes this.
  13. Spang308

LOL...I'm the only MiniGP here. Have the track to myself.
    I think Sandy Hook is doing a trackday today, not a race. I wanted to try this place out. Cool layout and twice the turns of SH.

14. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Expect to see more minimoto bikes there today. Riders typically come to the BWI track the day after SHS or NJMP...

15. Spang308

Anybody going to BWI tomorrow morning? I think I am. Sandy Hook is racing, so it should be a light crowd.

16. StaccatoFan

I may be going tomorrow morning....not sure yet.

Alex got his bell run a little yesterday in football practice...so I'll see what his noggin's feeling like when I pick him up from his Mom's tomorrow morning.

At least we'll stop by and say "Hey" and put a face to a name if you're there.

Spang308 likes this.
  17. tett

tett Well-Known Member

I am not, but I hope to sometime in the next month at some point. I just today bought an XR100. Just have to get it ready to go and make plans to get there.

18. Spang308

Emerson Amaya and Xavier Zayat showed up yesterday with a R3 and a Ninja and were screaming around BWI. I did my best to stay out of the way with my comparatively dog shit slow TTR125...not that I would've been anywhere near their pace on similar bikes.
    Fun day. Only 4 of us on bikes likely due to Sandy Hook racing the same day.

19. tett

tett Well-Known Member

I would have thought those bikes too big... guess not!

20. Charles Lease

Charles Lease New Member

it was wild to see Xavier on that 450r. i was the guy there w/ the 2 kids (9 yr old daughter in spiderman get up, 5 yr old son in black/orange/hi-vis).

@Spang308...i feel like i should know you...i'm there all the time...lol.

Also - open practice this week Thurs 10am-4pm!