1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

At nearly 3 bucks a pound, all of the pre-zincoln pennies are worth nearly twice face value for the copper content. Currently, it's illegal to melt them, but they do sell for a premium on ebay, etc.

Pixelator likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Which is kinda funny, illegal to melt them down for metal content, but perfectly legal to run through a souvenir press to squish them into something that isn’t legal tender.

R Acree likes this.
  3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

90,000 people, thats incredible!

One of the times I went, they had frikkin SIDECARS!!!!....SPEEDWAY SIDECARS......one guy was running a V-MAX!

I much more enjoyed the traditional Speedway stuff, but it was interesting.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

At around that time Speedway was around the second most popular spectator sport in England, second only to proper football. Place was heaving with people from all over Europe, Swedes, Danes, Germans a few from the Soviet bloc, it was good night.

There was a really dire Australian film from the mid-70's "The Sidecar Racers" about that. If you remember the old TV show "Alias Smith and Jones" it starred one of the blokes who was in that.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Technically that's not legal either, but I've never seen it enforced.

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Sorry to interrupt this discussion thread for an oddball picture...

IMG_5159.JPG

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You’ll have to take that up with whomever wrote the exception to the legal tender laws that was posted on the machine.

I may or may not have sacrificed a pair of zincoln head pennies to the cause (h/t to @auminer for the new phrase :bow:)

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That phrase is all over the prepper sites. But you're welcome all the same! :beer:

PS, the full copper version is preferable to smash in those machines if you are really serious about collecting them, since the zincolns corrode over the years.

Oh.... the obligatory odd ball picture :

[​IMG]

:moon:

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I used what I had in my pocket that didn’t look like it came off the bottom of Lake Itasca ;)

10. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

he's likely upset about the lack of traffic in his thread...

11. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Getting this thread back on track... :D:D:D social-distancing-money.jpg

cha0s#242, TLR67, Past Glory and 2 others like this.
  12. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not an Odd-ball pic but I saw this one last week and thought it was cool as hell. Thought some of you heathens could enjoy it.

Pic is of Lee Miller, the only female photo journalist in Europe WW2, in Hitlers Munich apartment after the liberation of Dachau. So thats her filth covered boots from walking through that death camp. Powerful crossroads.

Seems like she had a very interesting life story full of tragedy and triumphs.

Attached Files:

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Check out That 70’s Tile.

14. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

Some of those machines don't actually press the real pennies you put in, they give you a souvenir pressed from a copper blank.

15. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Reason # 2 for the coin shortage...

coin-swear-jar.jpg

Once a Wanker.. and BHP41 like this.
  16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Can you guess what this is?

mystery image.jpg

18. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Left handed cigarette here but ai have NEVER, EVER, knowna bank to take pre-rolled coin sleeves since roughly 1987ish... My bank has a machine in the lobby that gives a receipt...years ago, my old bank would accept coffee cans or 1 gallon paint buckets. A 5 gallon water bottle 2/3rds full of change weighs about 75lbs...

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Starting line up for an aphid race

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Crabpeople, hunting Geese on Mars.

969 and motoracer1100 like this.