1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Did you hit set picks at the bottom. I forgot to do that a few times over the weekend when shuffling my guys around. I’d take my screen shot with the pics set pop up in the screen.

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Off to a better start this year than last. :)

I'm glad I was away this weekend and not watching any practice or qualifying as I would have moved some picks around and not picked what I had. I did catch the message that Rins was out and moved him, but missed Cal.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    BigBird likes this.
  3. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

i got busy with work and didnt have a chance to pull the non staters before the race.. ouch. oh well.

Heres hoping MM93 doesnt have permenent nerve damage. The bloke is a beast!!
    Awesome to see FQ20 get the win and stoked with MV's and JM's performance.
    Flossi, just needs to move on.. go to WSBK and be the first to win MGP and WSBK championships

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm looking into the issue. Not sure what could have happened at this point but digging into the logs.

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

When is the cutoff to change your picks?

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

5 minutes prior to the listed race time. So Sunday it would have been 7:55 Eastern and I guess it will be all the way up until the Valencia rounds at the end of the season.

I do need to add something that makes the cutoff time more obvious.

backbone likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

A countdown clock? I needed to wake up at 4 am to see Cal out. That hurt a bit (or maybe I should had him in the gravel per usual...).

Dang I jus realized all races currently confirmed on the calendar are GMT+1 -- that's at least easier than when they go from Aus, to Malaysia, to Velencia.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Countdown would be great. I don’t mind about my pics so or so, was just wondering since I made sure they were set right after I made the last pick.

9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think is that you were viewing a cached version of the page somehow.

10. dsapsis

Right. Since we haven't seen any other failures for a pick change plus save to record a new log, we can only surmise you picked them, left the game and came back and the view was cached. I was thinking that the game might save but not log picks (without save executed) but no dice. You are still right in the game Phil. And is MM is out for any length of time the game takes on some new dimensions of uncertainty.

I am keeping track of race winners for their stake wins: Quicktoy wins round 1. Well done, but as you can see, there were a number of players breathing down your neck.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

possible. But wouldn’t saving the picks alleviate that? Since it got confirmed?

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

I don’t care about the points being so or so and probably wouldn’t have even realized it, if it wasn’t for Cal.

so just to avoid the same error:
    - when making a change make sure to refresh before Logging In?
    Or even better
    - start out with new window/tab?

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That is quite frankly the part that I don't have an answer for. I'm going to brainstorm some ideas for a better confirmation mechanism. An email might be the best.

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Damn, that was a bummer of an ending :(. I'm off to a bad start this year...pretty much on par with how my races go in real life....get a shit start and have a bunch to catch up lol

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

If you look, no one is off to a really bad start. Everyone stayed under 100 points. Top ten or so separated by just a handful of points.
    That being said, I put in my pics last night going into the weekend. I’m curious how they’ll change as I analyze practice and Q.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is it too late to not submit picks and be two points lower than the lowest finisher? Asking for a friend.

BigBird likes this.
  17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I'm 20 points down already in just one race lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

we'll take your money, well I would and will at the end of the season :D

19. dsapsis

Some observations.

Some folks did do pretty poorly. If you look at their picks, most included low reliability riders in top five positions. In a lot of cases, there was also the problem of not scrubbing riders (e.g., Rins) that failed to grid up. MotoGP, outside a rain race, or similar, tends to have the top guys finish in top spots quite consistently. Getting zeros where you should get 10+ points (the top 6 spots) is pretty key to being in the game, unless its for a crashed-out rider, and that affects everyone, albeit differentially based on where you them. Doing well downcard is often the magic of pulling away to the front (check Quicktoy's picks). No one is out of it yet, and I suspect there will be more weird races, and MM out puts a big spin on it. However, the game plays a lot better the more competitive it is, so I encourage folks to not phone it in. Plus, there is the individual race winner. It is quite possible that a person who finishes 15th or lower in the overall standings does better $-wise than someone finishing much higher due to the one-off side bets.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

so are you going to take @SuddenBraking 's money? He looks like he's hurting for a squirting

Quicktoy likes this.