1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mountain Bikes!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, Jun 9, 2020.

1. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I just had a professional fit done on my MTB. I had the same issue, so we put some Ergon GA3 grips on the bike. They have tiny supports and it immediately helped align my wrists. I'm also going to cut the bar a small amount to improve further. try it

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Those Ergon grips are nice, I used them on several bikes. The SuperCal I just got came with ESI soft grips which oddly enough, have worked really well so far. I planned to swap them out, but my wrist is feeling pretty good with them as is.

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I think i'm gonna give these a shot.

4. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

I went against beeb advice and upgraded my drivetrain. My stock BB was getting creaky as heck and I found some new take-offs from cl, pinkbike, and the rest from Jenson. So smooth compared to stock! Went with 1X11 Sram GX shifter and derailleur, Sunrace 11-46T cassette, and XT crankset. Keep on pedaling![​IMG]

TurboBlew and Spooner like this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If you're happy with it then cool.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I picked up this last week and I’m having a total blast on it. 75EBB77F-25E9-46EF-ADC4-2EC6E3B57238.jpeg

Senna, Razr, tropicoz and 4 others like this.
  7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

quick recap:

Wife and I have been having a blast. I'm not losing much weight but I am definitely getting a bit skinnier. lol Haven't changed anything aside from peddles on my bike. I ordered some of those Ergon grips but they haven't arrived yet.

Wife crashed pretty hard on FT. Custers Red Loop last week. We think her de-railer is bent. Gunna try to take it into the shop this week and see whats up.

mountain biking rules still.

Razr and TurboBlew like this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wanted a new bike but my local shop is 4-5 months out on new orders. Now is the time to sell IF you have something else to ride.
    I did upgrade my suspension to the latest gen of stuff. Biggest take away... no matter the angle or line or terrain the damping is far better. No more pogoing. I was seriously considering the Shockwiz. Its like an electronic Thermosman...lol

Razr likes this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's possible to bend the derailleur, particularly the pulley cage. But more likely and better for you is that the hangar is bent. They are a quick and easy replacement, can be bent back, but aluminum doesn't like being bent back and forth too much so typically just easier to replace.

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. Spooner

Yeah man this new suspension is absolutely insane how good it is. It had been several years since I had been on a mountain bike and my Intense soaks up stuff like my husky but is still light and nimble feeling. The amount of adjustments too is a bit mind boggling but if you take your time you can really make them work amazingly well.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I had my bike locked up outside a restaurant recently, some facker stole my lights & derailleur.
    Awesome bike Spooner!

12. ton

ton Arf!

word

13. Spooner

They stole your derailleur?!?! I had a bike stolen a million years ago and still get pissed thinking about it.

And thanks, this this is bonkers but soooo much fun to ride. I somewhat blame Melka.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Ebikes rule... no other way to say it. Way fun, still a killer workout.
    https://bikesportbicycles.com/

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and sill'r B sill'd like this.
  15. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I would really like to rent one for a weekend. I tested one a demo day for a very short period and it was really neat.

16. L8RSK8R

I love mine. 48 miles is most I've been able to get on a full charge.
    15 mph up Via Capri, steep ass hill to top of Soledad Mountain....while sitting down in seat.
    I may look fit enough to ride a regular bike but he'll no, I smoke and drink way too much.
    Did 23 miles yesterday.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. Spooner

Which bike do you have?

Longest off road ride for me so far is only 14 miles and barely used one bar of 5 on the battery. I ride mostly in 'trail' which is the middle mode on the Shimano motor so I'm shocked the mileage I'm getting on it. I'll even use boost here and there or if I'm transferring from one trail to another on blacktop or fire road just for fun.

18. ton

ton Arf!

Aw, hell no. Not even on an ebike. Via Capri is the downhill off Soledad. Picking off cars (when i was in my 20s) was good sport!

19. L8RSK8R

I have a Felt Surplus e50 Hardtail.
    I ride bike paths, boardwalks and streets.
    I use boost a lot . Shimano Steps 8000 motor.

Yeah Ton, coming down Capri is a blast, up the inside of cars at 45mph.
    Tracked my brother at 52/55 down Nautilus on his longboard...he used to compete.

TurboBlew, Razr and ton like this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nice bike, is it heavy? I know the future of these bikes will be in weight savings.