1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: Peekskill NY apartment

Discussion in 'Other' started by beac83, Jul 15, 2020.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Its a long shot, but if anyone is looking to buy a nice 1BR apartment in a great building in the Peekskill, NY area my apartment is now listed.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/150-Overlook-Ave-APT-3F-Peekskill-NY-10566/2146998121_zpid/

Kitchen appliances except fridge are new in the last 18 months. Apartment is recently painted and very clean. I spent a lot of time cleaning the place up since I bought it in 2016. It's a co-op, and the place is run very well. The Corporation has no debt and very good financials. Pool, tennis courts, off-street parking space included, extras available for rent. 10 minutes from great Hudson Valley riding. Commute to the city is a little over an hour from the door to Grand Central via Metro North, about 45 min to Henry Hudson Bridge if driving.

SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  2. Seif J

Seif J Active Member

How many miles? Clean title? Dyno shoot?

Ducti89 and BigBird like this.
  3. beac83

Hasn't moved since 1975. Clean title. Located 10566. Solid frame and motors. A/C works better than any trailer unit. Concrete floor and ceiling. Balcony for hanging off. Knee down riding 2 miles away. Complex has two grills for mimicking good times in the paddock. Like Grattan, it also has a pool. And the Bath/Shower facilites beat any track.

ducnut, SpeedyE and mpusch like this.
  4. beac83

I guess you can't add pics when you edit posts. Latest dyno run I have a sheet for. It will raise the front wheel on the front straight at Road A.

Attached Files:

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Close to Harriman and Bear Mountain! :D This assures primo posing parking on Sunday mornings!! :D

beac83 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Back to Chicago?

~sent from Earth Station

7. beac83

Yep, Got to clean and fix up this place (in Chicago) before moving on.

8. beac83

So I have a buyer and Contract of Sale for the Peekskill apartment. Yea!

Now on to the next step - approval of the buyer by the co-op board.

Selling a co-op is about 2/3 as much a PITA as buying one.

9. beac83

Still waiting on a decision from the Board. My buyer apparently was less than fully forthcoming with their finances, and has thrown this whole thing into question. I might want to append the above statement:
    Selling this Co-Op is more of a PITA than buying one.

ducnut likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Get your Shitcago property sold, too, and move south of the Mason-Dixon, man. The closer to the ocean, the better the surroundings.

11. beac83

Update: My buyer submitted a deficient application to the board for approval. It was missing critical information.

My agent jumped in and prevailed on the Board President to re-consider my buyer's application after they were less than fully forthright in the initial app. She then sat with the buyer's agent and schooled him on what to do to get this done. The buyer re-submitted their application with more complete details.

The board reconsidered and decided to approve the sale.

Closing was set for today - a "virtual closing" due to the pandemic. It seems to me that a "virtual closing would have representatives of all three parties - buyer, seller, and closer - in separate rooms in the same building, and a runner to shuttle paperwork back and forth. But apparently, that's not how it works. Instead they fedex documents between offices spread throughout the county.

Last night it's discovered that a certification document from the city that we received was for the wrong unit. My agent was able to get the city to re-issue the correct document early this morning. We are back on track for closing today.

The closing agent (independent third party) is refusing to scan and email copies of the completed documents to the buyer's attorney, insisting on only the "overnight mail" specified in the closing agreement. So everything is done, but can't be sealed until the buyer's attorney sees the proper documents. The buyer's attorney and my attorney would have been OK with a scanned/emailed copy with hard copies to follow, but closing agent won't send them that way.

Nothing the buyer, their attorney, my agent, attorney or myself can do about it.

The sale should be complete on Monday, once the FedEx envelope arrives.

Hope the buyer doesn't change their mind over the weekend.

I'll be happy when this is done.

Boman Forklift and PPPope like this.
  12. beac83

It is done. Finally SOLD!

RRP, Boman Forklift, PPPope and 3 others like this.
  13. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Congrats. Having recently sold and had some issues, I understand. Pain in the ass but you are done. Congrats

beac83 likes this.