1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Yup, here in Maine.......all the while with the lowest rates of everything, including income smh

G 97 likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I find that not wearing a mask helps others maintain social distancing. If that doesn’t work, licking my hands and offering a handshake certainly deters them.

Banditracer likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Iceland did an exhaustive study on the ability for children to transmit the virus and found it was extraordinarily low. I think it said there were no contact traced incidents where an infected child passed the virus onto an adult.

In other words, gets the kids back to school.

tropicoz and G 97 like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You certainly are a clever cleaver.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks. Hmm I wonder to what degree, if any their genetic make up or diet creates any effect towards this.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Let misanthropy be your guide :D

R Acree likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Possibly, but later down that twitter thread it said these results were corroborated by similar data from Ireland and the Netherlands.

G 97 likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

The drums of not going back to school and implementing online course is beating louder each day in Iowa. A large faction of teachers are really pushing for this. Of course with no change in salary or benefits. It’s Crazy.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Face coverings are still mandatory inside places of business per the Virginia Department of Health web site. Yes, there are lots of outs, but if none of those apply then they are mandatory. Of course there are no penalties specified for not wearing one, but you certainly could be refused service and asked to leave on that basis.
    https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/cloth-face-covers/

Oddly enough we ran into the hearing impaired exception this past weekend at a celebration of life. It was outdoors, but folks attending were told to wear as mask unless talking to the hearing impaired attendee. I can't imagine a more challenging time to be hearing impaired.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

So how does that work. If you do t wear a mask out in open while in public, you get fined just by walking down the sidewalk in front of your house?

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

No mandate in Iowa but some business have their own mandate, which is fine with me as they are private business. But for sure, sometimes you get a look of shock and disgust from others which fuels me to not wear one even more. :D

tony 340 likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's a really severe detriment to these kids development. Not to mention the time and resources it chews up for the parents. Kids are resilient and can bounce back quickly I hope, but this whole year was like a big step backwards or at the very least a stagnation in an entire generation of children's social, mental and physical development.

tl1098 and tony 340 like this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Open the schools. Teachers can quit if they want just like anyone can quit in the private sector if they don’t feel safe.

tl1098, tony 340, Ducti89 and 5 others like this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I think school is going to be permanently changed with kids going a couple times per week and staggered. Labs and things like that for older kids. That's what a couple burbs around here already have planned and if I were a betting man, I'd wager that model wins out long term.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Back to a more open campus type environment like in the 60s-70s.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Less spent on building, more on education. That could be a good thing.

Chino52405 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never was a thing because they don't fit the doom and gloom narrative that keeps people tuning in. The death rate in GA dropped a ton, flattened a little after opening up more but is still dropping. Can't report that.

tropicoz likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For absolutely no reason. Hell the cardiac unit up here had one whole patient last week. Plenty of beds.

Kind of a duh there, just as the number of infected continues to go up. But the deaths per day and such isn't in the vast majority of the country even using the bullshit methods to get higher numbers.

What experience in Manhattan? They had a hospital get full that was full long before this virus and the media flipped. The morgue got overrun which it does regularly. NYC is a hot mess on it's best day, doesn't take much to push it over the edge. The mess wasn't any worse than normal there.

19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

If no in school teaching then school taxes better drop, like a rock, too. No buses, aides, crossing guards or building operating costs to budget for.

tl1098, tony 340, tropicoz and 2 others like this.
  20. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

keep dreaming, never going to happen

speedluvn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.