1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q4 Wear Questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by E30, Jul 9, 2020.

1. E30

E30 Member

See attached pics. Rear tire done I assume? Has 3 tracks days on my CBR600RR. Seems like it died early. I guess one track day was NC Bike which is like sandpaper and tends to wear out the right side of the tire. What do y'all think about the front?
    What are your experiences with the life of a Q4? Had Q3+ on my SV prior to this and could get 6 days easy out of them.

Thanks IMG_1994.png IMG_1993.png

2. duc995

duc995 Yep…

The front looks good, best I can tell from that photo. The rear is pretty much done; you might make it to lunch break on another day. Three to four days on the rear of a 600 is par for the course.

track wagon likes this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If you're improving and going faster, your tires are going to go faster, too.

Bruce likes this.
  4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Also, the Q3+ lasted longer than the Q4. With increased grip, comes increased wear.

SpeedyE, Shenanigans and TurboBlew like this.
  5. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I'd be surprised if they allowed that passed tech to find out.

6. E30

E30 Member

I agree. I'll probably just buy a rear and work the front a little more. At some point i should switch to slicks - or back to Q3+! Honestly, I have been dicing with a few guys using Q3+'s and they are fast.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you're using warmers you should probably get some slicks from stickboy and see if they last longer, but really 3 solid day of trackdays is a lot of laps

Bruce likes this.
  8. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I can't finish a day on slicks at upper advanced pace. That's rear anyhow. 3 days? Man in some ways I miss those days lol!

TurboBlew, noles19 and wheelz96 like this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I think alot of the time people think in terms of days on tires but really should look at laps.
    Say you go to barber running 1:35s run 8 sessions at 18 minute sessions that's well over 100 laps a day..

Bruce likes this.
  10. E30

E30 Member

SV with Q3's was a lot cheaper and just as much fun

11. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

So you're trying to compare a SV on Q3 to a 600 on Q4. Of course they are going to wear faster.

12. E30

E30 Member

Of course but it was not on my radar when I switched to the CBR. Honestly, i prefer the torque and lower straightaway speeds of the SV.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would probably go back to a SV then. I agree they are great bikes and quick enough to have fun with, plus less expensive on the tire budget.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

No shit right.... at big willow last time out I got 5 sessions out of a rear. Flipped it 2 times as well.... racing I get 2 races out of a rear and thats with a flip between the 2 races. Being slow was wayyyyy less expensive and just as much fun.. now I get down on myself when I am not battling for the podium.....

Bruce likes this.
  15. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I cry that it's so expensive being so slow! Watching Heckles and Mesa run high 10s at Summit! And I'm wondering how in the f$ck?!

track wagon likes this.