1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So where's the Danny Eslick thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sean, that's depressing as all f@ck.

Man, 2020 is just gut punch after gut punch after the kick in the balls that 2019 was.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't fix em when they go full retard :(

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got fixed. somewhat.

Compared to what I once was.

All it took was getting almost deaded, quitting the clears and browns and Sam. :crackup:

Lee#144 likes this.
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If true, that's rather sad. Some people should simply never take a single sip of alcohol.

5. nigel smith

Good for you! Let's hope Danny can do the same. Some days, I'm actually in favor of prohibition.

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Isn't it funny how everyone reacts differently to booze? I get a little more chatty but for the most part I just get tired. If you're an "angry drunk" IDK what the hell booze offers you that you'd want.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I get chatty and mellower.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

God damn it

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, I'm not saying he needs to quit drinking forever. I don't know his case and what his deal is. Maybe it's clears and browns? Maybe it's something in addition to the booze? Maybe it's all the alcohols and he can never drink again, I don't know.

I was stone cold sober for like 5 years and now, I drink beer. I figured out that if I pace myself, don't add in any real booze I can control it. Once I get buzzed and I start pissing every 20 minutes, party time is over. I don't drink anything with booze in it that is new to me and that might spin the party out of control. This might not work for everyone.

I have friends that even one beers leads to one hell of a not fun time and they can't even be around it. Not saying I'm better or worse or can even compare to them, just people are different.

He'll figure it out or he won't. I hope he does.

beac83, backbone, G 97 and 1 other person like this.
  10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Damn. Hate reading that. Always been a big fan of Danny. He always struck me as having more fun on the bike than anyone on the grid and it made his a lot of fun to watch. Then got to meet him at Laguna a few years ago. Was just checking out the bike TOBC had sitting out in front of their pit and ending up chatting with him for awhile. Super nice dude and came across as just another racer. But yea, sounds like he needs to figure his drinking problem out.

I don't get the alcohol thing either. I'm actually probably a lot more pleasant to be around if I've been drinking. I'm usually pretty serious, mellow, and antisocial but turn into a big ass friendly teddy bear after a few drinks. Can't say it's necessarily a bad thing but I still don't drink much just because I don't like a foreign substance changing my personality at all, for better or worse.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends on what we're talking about with me. Depending on the type I can be any one of the seven dwarfs. . . or all 7 at once. :crackup:

Bashful, Sleepy, Happy, Grumpy, Fighty, Mouthy and Dopey. :crackup:

ungwaha and Quicktoy like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So same as sober....

13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Just weird how everyone is different. I can't tell one difference between any type of booze. It just makes me ready for a nap. Tequila, rum, whiskey, vodka... I can take a shot of each and feel no different than had I taken four shots of one type. Is it nap time yet?

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So we don’t need PitchForks and 3’ ScrewDrivers?? He’s still getting butt raped though right?

Drinking and Domestic Abuse is not a joking matter, and tough when you get involved in intervening it, especially with someone who is drunk..I grew up in it..
    That’s why my kids never saw me drink more than 2 beers at one time, until after they were 21...and NEVER saw me drunk.

badmoon692008, Jedb and SpeedyE like this.
  15. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Hate to hear this. Be the ball, Danny

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No need for us to go after him, he'll be paying the piper one way or another yet again :(

Britt likes this.
  17. nigel smith

Alcohol turns me into someone I don't like. On the rare holiday that I have a drink, I stop at one. No one but me should have to bear my demons. I hope Danny comes to the same conclusion.

VFR#52 and Jedb like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I ain't getting out no pitchfork, my torch is out of fluid and butt raping is out of my wheelhouse. :D But when you are right, you are right.

Can't remember ever seeing you drink a beer.

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So you become almost tolerable?:D

G Dawg likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Almost - but even that is during a very small window then I get too chatty and intolerable again.