1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I have a nicely kitted '17 here in Alabama. The right offer could get it.

2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

this is exactly why i've been lurking for a Grom/Z125 pit bike.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Anyone got rearsets for sale?

4. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

So someone I know.........may have installed the Takegawa crank case cover and buttoned everything up. Upon finishing and filling the bike up with oil, they may have noticed that the oil plug crush washer was still in its package............

It is a bad idea to just lay the bike on its side to minimize how much oil comes out of the drain when the plug is removed to install the crush washer? Asking for a friend.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Won't bother it in the least.

6. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I figured. With any luck, none will come out. This little thing only holds about a liter.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

My only suggestion would be to give the bike some time upright before firing it up, just in case you've got a bubble of oil in the case vent pocket. No point splooshing the air filter if you don't need to.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Or just pour it into a clean container, then poor it right back in.

Gorilla George and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

picking up a 2017 in a month. what are the typical mods you guys do for pit bike and random putting around town?
    was looking at the Ohlins fork internals, and maybe that engine mount brace i saw on Hard Racing

10. All of it.

Chris, R1M370, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That may be the shortest from you ever! Historically noted!

Ducti89 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

I need NOS

Senna likes this.
  13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

but seriously...what are you guys doing to your Groms that arent being raced at kart tracks? i've seen a lot of people get bars

14. Bare minimum, for just a pit bike and street bike, IMO would be Ohlins in the forks (or some other alternative) with proper springs, and same for the rear. The OEM suspension isn't made for grown folks.

Aside from that, tires.

Do that and you are ready to roll.

Then you can get into the Pro Taper bars, aftermarket levers, brake pads, Quickshifter, Ignition Module, Power Commander, rearsets, quick-turn throttle, Akrapovic exhaust, Chimera intake, filter, 183cc big bore kit with 4 valve head and external oil cooler, ceramic bearings, 420 chain/sprocket kit, SS brake lines, cut rear rotor, so on and so forth. :D

15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

When it comes to the motor, this is the best advice. Do the suspension first. Get the billet chain adjusters, and the bronze swingarm bushings if you're going for the engine cradle brace.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i gotta know if it's a wheelie machine with that 183cc kit

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

and BST wheels

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

racesbikes, RichB, scottn and 4 others like this.
  19. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i have seen the bodywork kits before. they're super nice, but i havent seen anyone actually have it on theirs

20. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

That is actually pretty badass...