1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Ga just announced another COVID extension[/QUOTE]

Executive order 06.29.20.02 bans gatherings of more than fifty people and is in effect until August 11, 2020. RIP Atlanta

2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Lets add a 3rd round at Road America!

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Who you sticking on the literbikes?

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Executive order 06.29.20.02 bans gatherings of more than fifty people and is in effect until August 11, 2020. RIP Atlanta[/QUOTE]
    :mad:bruh

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. henry_carlson

hahaha Im down!

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

:mad:bruh[/QUOTE]

Fuck.

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Georgia sounds like Colorado Jr. at this rate

8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

faaakkkk noooooo... It's fun but I want to see some tight turns and such.

9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

In what way? Most everything is opening back up again, and we haven't had a big resurgence of cases.... yet.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Some things I heard / observed over the weekend:

Got to meet Eraldo on Sunday, looks like the fuel tank split and PJ got fuel all over him. Blisters over 30% of his body but fortunately his lung function is ok, they were fearful that he inhaled flames or fire extinguisher chemical.

Saw the second SB race from the carousel, Toni was right pissed. He rode up next to Scholtz on the cool down lap and "gestured strongly"

That umbrella Gal is better in person.

Twins cup news:

Man, you guys are hard on Rocco! Some of it he deserves, but he's a kid and he's learning fast. They have John Hopkins there with him, he's been working with him on many things, his podium speeches included. M4 brought the HP this weekend, new motor from last round with 4 more HP (that's what they're telling us, anyway). Rocco rode great in twins, used the Suzukis' strengths to his advantage. Notice how he smashed the brakes to get in front of Kaleb in Turn 5? He already knew where he needed to be ahead to use the advantages of his bike.

I was even more impressed with Kaleb watching him work this weekend. Every session he went out with MAJOR bike / chassis changes (Motor is the same one Fisher ran since last year at VIR), and tried many things to improve, even though he was fastest last weekend out- no resting for this kid. It's a good thing too, because Rocco was doing the same. They lowered the race pace by over a second a lap since last round- think about that, race was won running 31's last year, this year they were in the 27's and finished 15 sec ahead of 3rd place. You have to be impressed by that.

It can be so annoying when all the announcers talk about is the "power advantage of the Yamaha" I would love to see them dyno the top 3, might open some eyes. How soon they forget, Kaleb won at Laguna where HP is much less of a factor....

Justin Filice had an electronics problem, the stock ECU apparently has a mode that won't let the bike stay at high RPM for very long- so some street rider doesn't blow it up. So he was WAY down on power. Don't even have a Power Commander on there yet. They didn't find that problem until Saturday.

I got a $150 fine for going 47 on pit lane- trying to cool down the bike. DOH!

Really pumped for Teagg, he's a great kid. Heck of a battle for 3rd!

4 FZ head gaskets bit the dust this weekend, mine included. Back to back Road America rounds, what can you say?

As for me, we found a huge mistake in my chassis, it's my fault I just had not measured correctly. Also, Kaleb's bike was running a different subframe so we didn't have a common measuring point- once we figured that out, we found a 25mm ride height difference. I was relieved because I was really feeling like there's something wrong with me that I was so uncomfortable- I tried to force my way through it and that's what led to my crash last round. Once I lowered my rear halfway- I dropped 3 seconds, but the bike was spewing coolant everywhere. I tried to get a few hard laps in, but I didn't go fast enough to qualify. Nobody to blame there but me- had I gone a few tenths quicker in any of the other sessions, I would have made it, head gasket be damned.

I know I'm at the limits of my talent showing up there, so I have to do everything perfect or I will struggle to make the grid, especially with these kind of times being laid down. But for me, that's the reason I want to be here- You have to ride your best or go home. I still had a blast and will be back for Road Atlanta, provided we can get our hands on some parts!

Cool to meet some BBS'ers in person, too!

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update on PJ. That sucks big time, hopefully he'll heal up quick.

Keep pluggin away, it's nice to have guys like you to cheer for that we know through the beeb.

Gino230 likes this.
  12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Oh, and we need more pics of that girl.:Poke:

KneeDragger_c69, JBall and Gino230 like this.
  13. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

My thoughts exactly

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NASCAR is doing at their track what they are doing at their events. That won't change.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can handle drinking that much again.

5axis and rafa like this.
  16. henry_carlson

Are you be optimistic or pessimistic about fans in Atlanta for MotoAmerica?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Currently pessimistic but it's still a ways off.

henry_carlson likes this.
  18. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Cool insider report Gino! Bummer about the head gasket.

Gino230 and OldSchlPunk like this.
  19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I can’t believe none of you fools have picked up this baton and run with it ...

upload_2020-6-30_16-30-32.jpeg

650 RACER, Gino230, JBall and 8 others like this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

only if you promise to drive any racer(s) more than 4 states away...lol

Gino230 and rafa like this.