1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wash dc restaurants

Discussion in 'General' started by GarrettRick, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Holy cow! We went there when I graduated college! Their menu is online. I'm making schnitzel tonight! :beer:

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So reading this, I was like “oh yeah that place was awesome”..........then realised the last time I ate there was ‘94 :confused: Damn times flies.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, '87 for me. They're still there, must be doing something right!

4. britx303

Still there? Wow that is impressive. Might have to go for the nostalgia if nothing else.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Old Europe kicks ass. We try and hit it a few times a year.

You have to go there when they have asparagusfest. :up:

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My favorite dish was The Secret of the Putzahs.....veal, peppers, cheese all rolled up, breaded and deep fried....Last time I was there had to be in the early 80's. :eek:.

Damn, I just checked their menu and SotP is not on it anymore! What a shame.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh dude, their steak tartar! Oh man, who'd think raw meat would be so damn good.

Their Pfeffersteak with potato pancakes, asparagus with hollandaise and a spaten.

Dude, I'm now hungry and just got a semi. :D

8. britx303

Maybe it was always the mass quantities of heavy beer back then that made me think it was good.............That or I’m mixing up memories from Blobs:confused:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It was and still is good. If you want some weird german fusion food, it ain't for ya' but if you like real, not a lot of flash, it's the shit. :)

We hit some place more local to us and it was all flash and not as good as what you can do at home.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. britx303

I like simple stuff. We also had Elsies German deli/restaurant but that was a bit further out of town...........they kept it simple and good But they are now long gone. Blobs of course was the pinnacle since the beer was awesome, food was awesome and Cheap......and of course polka bands every weekend. Gawd d@mn those were good times:(

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What's that giant tourist restaurant in Munich? The floor show, holds like 1000 people plus in one seating, they sell their beer in the US? I think there's one in Vegas now.

Not bad but more for the Asian tourists then the locals.

Anyways, that placed killed Polka for me for a few years.

Jesus, now I'm going to go look for old videos of that gawd awful polka TV that showed back up in PA. Pennsylvania Polka or something like that. :crackup:

12. britx303

Polka is fun live/drunk and not at tourist traps. I’d never watch it on tv or pop in a cd:D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, you ever go to a VFW Scranton wedding? Three days of drunk, polka and food. :D

As for DC restaurants, I'll ask Sam what's getting the word out.

14. britx303

FYI , not sure if you were really trying to go to the WH or just kidding, but the gov buildings are closed to tourists. I’d hate to not inform you, just in case.

15. britx303

:crackup:I can believe that.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hofbrauhaus.

17. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

my gf got an invite and I’m tagging along - its not a public event . Shockingly , I passed a background check

britx303 likes this.
  18. britx303

Gotcha. Say no more..........seriously :cool::D

GarrettRick likes this.
  19. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Not a bad way to celebrate the 4th

Attached Files:

72westie and britx303 like this.
  20. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Second Ole Ebbits. Great food and the service is impeccable too.