1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wash dc restaurants

Discussion in 'General' started by GarrettRick, Jun 29, 2020.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

What sayeth the beeb
    Lady and I are going to be in dc Friday and Saturday night
    Any killer places to eat? Nothing chain just looking for a nice dinner Friday night

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

this place has a pretty good chef...hard to get into though....

[​IMG]

Photo likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Are they even open? Limited, outside dinning and take away from what I remember. Haven't paid much attention and that may have changed in the last few.

Where are you staying? In DC or in the 'burbs?

5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Old Ebbitts for upper end...Hot n Juicy Crawfish if you want to get dirty.

Gixxerguy855 and beechkingd like this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I don’t think indoor seating is back up yet. OP, are y’all staying in DC? Or Maryland/Virginia? Go to dc.eater.com

7. britx303

Rush? Yep, phenomenal chef!

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Carmine's is a chain and not open, though they are decent for family style. Second DC Eater, you'll be outside. Food/price?

9. GarrettRick

Ugh didn’t even think about places being open - we’re staying downtown at the jw .

10. GarrettRick

I’ll be there Saturday - I’ll see if they can make me a sammich

11. britx303

If you’re really going there and getting food........get a burger if you can!!

DmanSlam and GarrettRick like this.
  12. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

13. Al-

Al- Well-Known Member

I think a lot of places just opened back up on Friday. I had dinner at Nobu last week, it was good if you're into sushi.

14. GarrettRick

I am but the mrs isn’t - I love nobu . Been to the one in south beach and paradise island

15. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

I've had several really good lunches and a couple early dinners at the Hawk and Dove. It's been a few years, so take the recommendation with that in mind. It was interesting to see the power brokers. There was also a high-end Italian restaurant with incredible food just off Massachusetts in the embassy row neighborhood. I don't recall the name, but I could find my name there.
    I was in Washington quite a bit in in the mid-to-late 2000s. Best of all, someone else was usually buying lunch, dinner and drinks.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

17. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

The Source by WolfGang Puck (if it’s open). My cousin was a cook there got promoted to Sues Chef so she helped build the staff. She now runs CUT in Beverly Hill and is the Chef de Cuisine. I’ve eaten at The Source several times and they have a talented staff.

Ride safe,
    AAron

18. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Don't know the status of open/carry out whatever, but Succotash is really fine.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I like the food at the Hamilton in downtown. PI has good pizza for something more casual.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Old Europe out on Wisconsin Blvd if you like German food. I don't know if it's still there as it's been quite a while since I've been to Dirty City.

britx303 likes this.