1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CL60 brake pads

Discussion in 'General' started by FrancisA, Jun 29, 2020.

1. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

How do these carbone Lorraines compare to vesrah RJL XX’s? bite? Power? Etc? I went with SBS dual carbon on someone’s recommendation and they sucked. I really like the vesrah RJLXX but obviously I don’t know how “good” good really is so I’m curious about the CL 60s for an R6.

anyone please give me their insights?

thanks

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, dude, you should have made up a new screen name. How did you not know how this is gonna go? :D

I hope you get your info.

3. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Thanks and yes everything we thought we were making fun of was actually a reality I was sick to my stomach but let’s move on with our lives and let people ruin their own

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Kind of curious to hear responses as well. I've used the C60s for the last couple years exclusively but would like to hear other comparisons.

To the OP, I don't have any experience with the others but I've generally liked the CLs. I feel they have good bite and I'm very comfortable trailing them. My only issue (that I've had across two bikes) is that there's eventually a bit of brake fade. However, I don't know if I'll have that with any pad or if that's something that is a characteristic of the pad.

5. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

I can tell you the Vesrah RJLXX grab hard and can definitely stop a bike. I have zero complaints about them and honestly don’t see the need for anything else. However a little more trailing feel would be nice as they’re very on/off.

You’re saying the CL60’s have good trailing feel, that’s what I’m looking for but I THINK if pads have better trailing feel they may sacrifice bite and power (like the dual carbons - they sucked). I ran off multiple times braking even earlier than I did with the vesrahs. Reason I made this thread instead of just buying another set was because I don’t wanna be sitting on another set of pads

6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Keep in mind again that I wouldn't necessarily use my experiences alone here. I'm not at the pointy end of anything and lack experience with other options to make comparisons.

Trailing is great and the power is there. I would not call them grabby or aggressive though.

7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Just posted to show off my avatar :crackup:

A. Barrister, Shocker and Sabre699 like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aaaaaaaand we're off!

R1M370 likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I love my brake pads soooooo much and some old guy is using them as his screen saver.

britx303, svracer22 and R1M370 like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I couldn't remember what this was about until this...

Now I remember. :crackup:

R1M370 likes this.
  11. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

tenor (1) (6).gif

Newyork likes this.
  12. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I just switched from Ferodo to the GPFAX pad and I hate them. I want a strong initial bite and the ability to trail off to the apex, these pads are completely opposite. Might try your CL’s next.

13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Brakes, oil, tires, its all a preference. And you have to learn how to best utilize the equipment. For me Vesrah SRJL, and RJLs for the street have been amazing, had EBCs before Vesrah and I remember the first time I grabbed a hand full of Vesrah brake at Summit Jefferson and almost catapulted my ass in to the woods. Quick learning curve, and I fell in love with the feel towards the apex. But I also liked Metzlers, so, grain of salt. Never felt comfortable with CL or SBS. Im on EBC HH+ on my current bike, but only because of how thick the pads are, I thought they were stock with how bad the braking was. Screw it I have the Vesrahs in my tool chest just gonna pop them in.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  14. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Reg Pridmore once said SBS=Stop Bitch Stop!

15. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

It's all preference.

I used the SBS dual carbon for several years, and thought I loved them. I liked the progressive feel they offered. The harder I pulled the lever, the more force I got. That also helped trail braking comfortably.

I switched to the CL59 (and now CL60) and like them better. They have better initial bite, better braking power, but still have good feel and ability to trail brake.

I do not like pads with aggressive initial bite and poor feel. My memory is that some EBC pads and Galfer pads were like this, but it has been years since I ran any of them.

I have not tried Vesrah pads before, so unfortunately I can't directly compare them.

I have found a little brake fade eventually as well. However, I get less brake fade from the CL60 than I did from the SBS Dual Carbon.

mpusch likes this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Check out performance friction.

Best qualities all around that I`ve found.

17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

here is a vote for the carbonne lorain C60, have ran them for a few years, i like the initial bite (not super aggressive but, enough to get the job done), and progressive feeling, work very well for trail braking. Ski

18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I run the C60s for track and street, I've found them to be predictive and have plenty of progressive feel, while still having some good bite and power.

Also not a brake pad connoisseur though.

skidooboy likes this.
  19. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

The Super RJLXX does well with this which is what I use now. I’m curious as to other pads that may have even more grab

20. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

That sounds very similar to the sbs dual carbons which sucked, I couldn’t stop. They were good trailing brakes, but that was it.
    If you’ve ever tried the SRJLXX I’m lookin for grab like with perhaps more power when lever pressure is applied