1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Supercross shows leader and battles all the time.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Guys were getting stuffed hard on both chicane corners all weekend, but that one didn't have a shot of being clean. I have to imagine there were other riders out there who would have gotten a ride through for that.

KneeDragger_c69 and G 97 like this.
  3. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Does MA do ride throughs?

I've seen people dinged finish positions. I like that better in a sprint race format.

That was on MS who I am a big fan of and is always super nice. It's racing, so it's part of it sometimes. Westby / MS was a little off this weekend,
    so I am sure he was riding frustrated.

Toni is still stewing on social media. lol.

It does suck with Toni being snake bite / struggling with the bike. The season so far doesn't have some of the energy previous seasons has. I think it's still too early to say we're watching the fall of Toni's career. Rog had a rough last year too.

Bobby is doing what I think most of us knew Bobby was capable of. Same goes for Jake on good equipment too.

4. Chino52405

Not sure actually...at least for jump starts I'd imagine but maybe not on track incidents.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  5. Hoffman900

In auto racing it is never used in a sprint format (40 minute races or so). Much easier to review it and ding finish positions. In longer races where the officials have more time to review it, they will use it.

I have seem people black flagged after multiple incidents. One and done is a review and adjustment of finish position. Two or more in the same race and you get parked.

6. Did you read anything? No it didn’t have a shot, he made a bad judgment call and an error. Never stated it had a chance of making it but sometimes riders make errors in judgment.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  7. He may owe some credit to riding Thruxton to growing balls that big. That took some serious stones.

8. Hoffman900

Shit happens.

You see plenty of errors in auto racing. They race more often and in bigger fields,
    so it tends to show itself more.

No doubt MS knows he messed up and will own it. I'm kind of shocked MotoAmerica didn't ding him at least one finish position though. SCCA and orginizations like it will ding 1-2 finish positions and put points on your license (ie: probation). Get through a weekend clean and your points go away.

rice r0cket likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

This is why, for me anyway, I don’t look at it as a racing incident. He knowingly tried to force a pass where there is very little room. He consciously drove it in, he went for it. I don’t call this type of racing behavior as a racing incident regardless of having no malice. Just me.

condon66 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  10. Chino52405

Wanna fight about it?! Relax, I was just continuing the convo and din't even say anything at odds with what you did.

11. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Couple of thoughts on the weekend in my opinion:
    Win with grace; act like you’ve been there before (especially if it was a close finish)
    The guy announcing with Roger is amazingly annoying, same with GW
    Rubbing is racing, not for the sake of injuring someone badly
    Cameron gave them all a break with race 2 happenings or this would be a blowout
    Sure hope the BMWs can get up to the front for Herrin, that dude can race!

sure do miss some of the names on the grid: Lee, Lewis J, Beach, etc.

12. It’s too damn hot to fight :)

Chino52405 likes this.
  13. So what’s a racing incident then that involves two riders besides a mechanical? He drove it in there and made a bad error in judgment, doing that multiple times and having a habit of it to me starts making it not a racing incident. Besides he’s not a factory rider :) :)

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Why aren't you out fishing ?

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Exactly correct. He willingly drove it in there. He chose to stuff another rider. Not a racing Incident.

A racing incident would be more like when Bobby ran into MS at T5 during the first RA round a couple of weeks ago. He got in too hot on his own without trying to make a move or pass. He just couldn’t get slowed down in time. He wasn’t trying to force a close pass by actively stuffing someone up the inside. Racing incident.

condon66 likes this.
  16. Too damn hot.

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah it did...

That guy is full of vinegar and piss. I'm surprised he still has a ride considering he writes off a lot of equipment. Doubt many other teams could afford that crash damage bill...

18. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Watched twins cup Q Saturday from t5 bleachers. Looking over to the front straight, it looked like Filice hit reverse compared to the other twins .

19. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but the fastest Kawi twin bike was in Jr Cup. :eek:

Filice is a fast Rider, but he needs some power in that thing to hang. I hope they can power up a bit for his next race.

20. Ok, boats loaded up so now it’s time to go fishing and be off the water by about 9 or 10. We
    boats loaded up and I’m about to head out now. Had to throw some ceramic bearings in a couple new reels I got so so much for being in the water by 2. Plan to be off the boat by 8 or 9 as long as the fishing isn’t too good to stop.
    Then I’m going to do something shameful and take my buddies new lake gnat for a few hour cruise around the lake. He doesn’t like them much either but does a few long trips a year similar to what a few guys in here do to Bahamas from Florida and crap like that. Was a left over rxt 300 or some shit like that with about $4k in crap from RIVA on it. Will do over 80 on a 2 way kilo run avg with him on it so I should hit about 34mph with my COVID 19 weight gain (my excuse at least).