1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Where was he supposed to go, his line. MS made a mistake, plain and simple but I’d bet some good cash money he will also handle it appropriately and like a true sportsman. Mistakes happen, he got in too hot thinking he could make the pass and couldn’t. He probably feels worse than Toni about it (maybe not but you get the point). He’s a class act and I’m confident he will handle the situation as such.
    And congrats to Fong, well done.

MELK-MAN and VFR#52 like this.
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Maybe Matthew thought tony was fong, and was trying to get payback from last round

(This is a joke in case the serious police try and come bust my balls)

henry_carlson, 5axis and VFR#52 like this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah I mean because they couldn't have shown him celebrating afterwords and he didn't get enough air time as is. ;)

Considering the lack of action in the SBK class they need to seize any opportunity for action. And Wyman and Elias were getting it done.

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Oh no, I agree.. I hate it as well.. I want to see the little action there is.

But I’m also not paying a bunch of money to have my name on a race bike as it crosses the line 1st.... miles ahead of anyone else.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

PIP.

Problem solved. Keep the sponsors happy and the race fans interested.

6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

^This. Or just show the guy right as he crosses the line and then revert back to the action. Take 2-3 seconds, not 10-15 seconds and you miss the action in the last few turns.

CRA_Fizzer and 418 like this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

So patriotic ! ! :)

[​IMG]

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. and man, that supersport race was AWE-SOME ! Twins cup race was a battle royal for that final podium spot too. GREAT racing.

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I shed a tear whenI watched it

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

He was in 4th when he went for it. He didn't lose anything.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes he did. He lost one place. But why am I not surprised you don’t understand this obvious situation. Why initiate a risk pass for a position that doesn’t count. The question isn’t what did he gain? We know he gained nothing. The reality is, he didn’t gain a position while increasing risk. But keep thinking otherwise. Derp.

RACER goes for it, make the pass, while not gaining a position. Yeah, good logic. Good Lord.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Confirmation bias is strong with this one. Keep talking yourself into going from 4th to 4th is losing a place.

badmoon692008 and sbk1198 like this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

upload_2020-6-28_22-7-24.gif

MELK-MAN and Gino230 like this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You watch that move five times and it doesn't change. You can call it a racing incident, but one guy got punted.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Um OK :crackup:

16. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Stupid nascar messed up my watching any of it. I was gone Saturday and my wife was suppose to set saturdays recording, nope she forgot. So I saw nothing all weekend, :mad:

17. I think racing incident” definitions vary. To me this was a racing incident meaning two guys going for same real estate and one made an error. The key being an error, history of the rider, etc. I don’t think MS was trying to force his way through but got into a position that ended up bad for Elias. I hate it for both guys (and teams) but it happenstance when racing If not they’d all be running ideal laps every lap.

turbulence likes this.
  18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Tony was up on his feet so fast after that move by Scholtz. The hands-on-hips WTF stance was perfect.

Supersport continues to be my favorite category to watch. That outside pass attempt by Paasch in the carousel was amazing to watch.

Dragginass, sdiver, cav115 and 2 others like this.
  19. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

20. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Can they do picture in picture so that they show the leader cross the line, and the battle for [whatever position] at the same time?

sdiver and henry_carlson like this.