1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

And now Elias.....but Cam is out and Elias restarts and only dropped back to 7th.

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I'll be curious to hear Toni and Matthew talk about that one. Hard to say with certainty based on the quick replay, but looked like a really poor decision by Matthew. Toni's body language suggests he thinks it was dirty.

jd41, The Great One and Circacee like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Very nice!

1 - Fong
    2 - Gagne
    3 - Wyman

7 - Elias

DNF - CamBeau

Chand likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He definitely threw it in where there wasn't much room, Toni was already tipping in towards the 2nd part of the chicane when Scholtz dove in. And those guys are pals off track I thought.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Congrats to Bobby Fong. I turned it on while they were at the podium.

That guy had ridden so hard over the years and has had road block after road block to deal with.

Im glad he got the top spot. Guy has the ability with a good bike and team to be a force.

6. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Thanks for someone here believing in Fong he is where he is now. Most of his road blocks was himself from what I know.

Glad to see Wyman getting the double podium.

Circacee likes this.
  7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Jr. Cup race was awesome again! Hell of a fight for 3rd place, and Rocco finally learned how to draft properly and got his revenge! Also, that new lap record. 2:39.1 on a 400 is absolutely insane!!

MELK-MAN and henry_carlson like this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Toni's garage.....crash, DNF, rules infraction, punted off...I'll bet he's frosted....

Jake was good on the podium, very polite and professional. He just didn't have quite enough for Bobby on the second half of that track.

I DVR'd the race...ON FS1! Lucky to find it half way through on the other channel. I tell you, MC racing gets no respect (channeling my inner Rodney).

badmoon692008 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  9. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

tenor.gif

10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

yea matthew got to that exit curb real quick too... I bet he thought toni had time to back out and dive back under...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I seriously had that same thought seeing the split at the end :D

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Speaking of Jake....what happened to Lewis, I didn't see him anywhere in the race. Is he injured and wasn't racing this weekend?

pfhenry likes this.
  13. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

He was only on a one race ride with Scheibe racing BMW

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Senna and pfhenry like this.
  15. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

His IG story had him enjoying himself in Vegas, so I would like to see him out there, but it looks like he didn't waste the weekend. lol

16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

so last round PJ won by 4.266 seconds and got a 22lb weight penalty... this round cam peterson wins by 6.147 seconds....

does he get a weight penalty too now?

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Or pull away from a great battle for the podium to show the leader miles ahead crossing the finish line. (Race 1)

And this happened last round as well.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Go Wyman! :beer:

turbulence and RRP like this.
  19. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Funny none mentioning earlier in the race when when Toni physically turned his head and saw Scholtz coming then tried to lean on him?

Britt likes this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

sponsors like to see their guy win the race.. weird right?

Dragginass and YamahaRick like this.