1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk triggers... for guns

Discussion in 'General' started by Clay, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

So I have an AR-10 (DPMS) and now an AR15. I definitely want a nice trigger for the 10 as it's a long range shooter, 24" bull barrel. The trigger is awful on it. I'd also like a better one on my 15. When I look up triggers there are as many options as there are guns or optics. I don't know anything about any of them and the different types of options that come for them. So I'd appreciate some guidance, especially if they're just "drop in" or if I'd have to have someone install them.

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Timney - 2 stage, 2lb pull.

Have that in my custom built AR. It's spectacular.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

https://www.cmctriggers.com

super easy to install drop in triggers. I have them in my AR's and they work great. They break better than my stock bergara bolt trigger

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

What's the difference in a two stage vs whatever else there is?

5. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

For a budget trigger that have a Rise armament RA-140 that is fantastic. 65-75 bucks, 3.5# pull

6. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

2 stage has built in creep/slack.

There is no better upgrade to your rifle then a clean breaking trigger. I have some Timney also, hard to beat.

7. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I just swapped a Geissele SSA-E in to my Rock River 15. Night and day difference from the RR two stage it came with. Clean and crisp, zero creep, not much take-up.

8. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Timney is one of the few that offer a heavier hammer for the 308. I have that in one but I have Rise in two others. I’ve never had a weak primer hit from the Rise. I also have the CMC in a 15 with no complaints. All mine are 3.5 single but if I was building a Bench bullseye gun I’d go lighter. I am a Timney fan and my better guns have them but honestly the lower priced drop ins have really impressed me. They are in all my AR pistols and one rifle.

10. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Geissele SSA or SSA-E are what I normally prefer. These triggers are in use by real trigger pullers all over the world. It may not be the lightest or most crisp, but it will work every time.

Larue Tactial have a really nice trigger also. For the price, its hard to beat.

The ALG triggers are nice for an upgraded "Mil Spec" trigger that wont break the bank.

11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Timney is what I have in my long range ar-10. No issues, ever, and it's a very crisp pull. They make a great product.

12. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Anyone have any practical experience with the Franklin Armory binary triggers? Or the Fostech?
    Either the AR version or the MP5 version for the Franklin?

Feedback would be appreciated.

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

So, I don't need super high end for my 15. Just something that takes away alot of the gritty creep. For my 10, something in the 2-max 300 range. Drop in is important, and reliability hugely important. So anyone got any links for businesses with the best prices and the triggers I'd be looking for? I've got a link to the cmctrigger so far, but don't know if it's best to buy straight through them or a regular business. Just things like that. I do like the 2lb range for the 10, and the 3.5-4 is fine for the 15.

15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Shop around because sales are the best time. Unfortunately AR stuff is in high demand right now but midway had a sale on the rise 140 a couple weeks ago. PSA used to have sales all the time on CMC.

16. This. I even put one in a cheap savage axis 308 I use when weather is crap and don’t want my other rifles wet coyote hunting. Money well spent.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I grabbed a 2 stage CMC with a flat trigger from Primary Arms. Said it was in stock so hopefully won't take too long to get. Looking forward to trying to install it and seeing how it feels.

18. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Have a Franklin. Feels just like any standard stock AR trigger.

20. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member