1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kyle Larson

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This thread has some elements of suck in it to me, but you can't possibly be in earnest.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Amplify, please?

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am almost 46. He is a kid to me. And I say that in the nicest possible way.

4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

It's all relative. To me, you're a kid and he's a grandkid. :p

5. backcountryme

Wow, I started this thread to just talk about how well Larson is doing, and I can't believe how butthurt so many people here are.

drop and brex like this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Butthurt? You are either oblivious or absurd. And I am 55, 27 is an adult. I don't infantilize people when they make mistakes.

Scotty87 and JBraun like this.
  7. capt_slow

capt_slow Active Member

I suppose just a bit of social commentary on the level of outright ignorance (read racism) in this thread... But well aware that this is hopefully not an indication of the mindset of the community as a whole (and we all know how people are willing to say things online that would never be uttered in public).

JBraun likes this.
  8. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

fixed that for you.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I cannot agree with you that where there is ignorance there is racism. Sometimes people just don't think before they speak, and don't realize the ramifications of what they say, and don't say, and don't consider the context, if it even occurred to them that there was context. I can say that every WERA event I've ever participated in has been professionally run
    with a high level of integrity and utmost consideration given to safety and fairness. And the people, both org and riders (for the most part regarding the riders, you always have to leave room for a jackass or two) are top notch.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  10. capt_slow

capt_slow Active Member

That is a fair point and perhaps I was too quick to judge. Appreciate sharing your experience.

11. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

It's not just this thread...

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yes, seriously. However, please take note that words have meaning and I chose my words carefully to give the specific meaning I meant to convey. Him using the word he did, in the context that was given, was clearly a racist thought about the other driver. Note that I said the thought was racist, not that he was. A small yet very significant difference. I do not have enough information about him, and neither does anybody else on here, to determine that he is racist. Given that I tend to assume positive intentions, I will assume that he is not racist but made a poor choice of words at a particular moment.

All the rest of your post was merely deflection and an attempt to turn the topic to an area more suited to the late and lamented dungeon.

Metalhead and Britt like this.
  13. backcountryme

Wow. Where was I doing anything to him for making a mistake? I am celebrating his success. And as far as me calling him a kid, that is not derogatory. But you know what, I don't have to explain myself to you. And I will say it again, The KID is kicking some major ass.

14. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Bullshit. White privilege is a leftist agenda pushed to create racial division. It is a brainwashing to make weak minded white people hate themselves and submit to this racial division like some sort of cuck. That ain't me. I've been given no special privilege other than breath from God. I wasn't born into any riches or special circumstance and I have worked since I was 15 years old. What I have I earned and it is/was available to anyone of any color who wants to earn it.

Wingnut likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Wow.

16. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

It's all based on experience... I disagree with the term being "leftist agenda" I am pretty damn far from leftist ideals, and I have seen white privilege first hand multiple times. I am white, and grew up very poor. I lived in a neighborhood where my family and I were one of very few white families. Into my teens I started getting into a lot of trouble with my friends. Most of whom were not white. I will tell you with 100% certainty and honesty, that 70% of the time my black and brown friends received harsher punishment than I did. Whether it was fines, community service, or even jail/juvenile detention time. One instance where we got into trouble, it was my second offense, and a friends 1st offense. He received a harsher punishment than I did. My 1st offense for the same infraction/crime was actually mostly a slap on the wrist..

When we all got drivers licenses, I would actually drive more because we didn't get pulled over as much.. I was a dickhead of a teen driver too.. speeding, asshattery, no seatbelt, etc.. So whenever we would get party supplies, (booze, pot) I would drive us because the chances of being pulled over were way less.

THIS is white privilege..

White privilege ISN'T special treatments, or handouts. White privilege is not being targeted by LEO. White Privilege is NOT receiving punishments for crimes based on the melanin content of your skin.

Again, a lot of people's perception of "White Privilege" is based on experience.

I cleaned my act up at 16-17 years old, and have been able to get really comfortable in life. From a financial, environment, and relationships standpoint. I can tell you first hand, that being white definitely helped.

We are all products of our environment and experiences..

Like I said in an earlier comment. I am 100% a supporter of free speech. However, I am also 100% a supporter of consequences that you may receive for not knowing your audience.

I would like this thread to get back to Sprint Cars though. Thos things fuckin rule, and are amazing for how "simple" they actually are. One of my best pals races in the SOD series for winged sprints. I love going to them. I told my wife that if I ever get into racing cars again, it will be sprint cars.

lazlo and DmanSlam like this.
  17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’m with Britt on this one, it is just A word. Absolutely doesn’t make a person a racist to use it. Larson has far overpaid his debt for his poor judgement in verbiage. It ain’t like he was wanting to go string up people because of the color of their skin, burn crosses or any of that nonsense.
    Every morning here lately we wake up to a new video of racism, thugs dragging people out of their cars, assaulting them in subways and all kinds of places over the color of their skin. I’m sure all you assholes looking down your nose at Larson for his use of a word are okay with all of THAT actual racism though....

18. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

@Trainwreck's words are strong here. I don't really disagree but I've omitted parts to avoid me being misconstrued or heaping onto this discussion 'topic' that's beyond having fallen onto its side. :)

As an aside, I was 'okay' with the original discussion as posted.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

For context: most “sane” people will not enter this discussion because it falls into the “dungeon” category that cannot be discussed in “general” without being banned. Don’t judge this organization by the fringe that are here on the weekends.

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That’s a pretty broad brush ya got there...

It’s funny. Some of the biggest racists I’ve met are the ones who are so quick to point it out in other people.

TurboBlew, YamahaRick and Kev59 like this.