1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kyle Larson

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Racist? I guess you think Tupac was racist as well?

drop likes this.
  2. cf

cf Well-Known Member

Maybe where you live and with the people you interact with, but I would not extend that to the whole country. Regardless he's a professional racer, his job is to be in control both in the seat and in public, he knew/knows there's a whole catalog of words that he shouldn't use in public if he wants to keep sponsors happy.

That said, he won the Chili Bowl this year, among the creme of the turn left crowd. Add to that an ultra focused mindset and it makes sense he's tearing it up. From a purely drivers perspective I don't think anyone should call midgets or spints 'lesser' than Cup stuff. For sure it's the other way around if you want to see who's the best shoe. If they ran karts on Rossi's Ranch dirt track with right and left turns I would certainly put money on a Chili Bowl winner over an F1 champion.

backcountryme likes this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

hell yeah he was.

noles19 likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah that probably wasn't the best example :crackup:

5. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

This is probably unrealistic but...

The kid's 28 yrs old, his reported net worth is $12 million. He don't need a job. I would like to see him land in a situation where he could be a modern day Jack Hewitt. Wing, Non-wing, Midgets, Silver Crown and I'm going to say it, Dirt Late Models.

More realistically those three ASCoC races he won week before last were also him getting some quality time on the road with his new boss.

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I've been a lot of places across the US and been around my fair share of "other folks"... trust me that words use isn't limited to The RedNeck Southland...
    Clearly he didn't "think he was public"..
    One of the things that cracks me up is people seem to be ok with TwoFaced..until they see The Other Face.

DmanSlam, drop, wsmc42 and 1 other person like this.
  7. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

He was driving for Paul Silva, same as World Of Outlaws. Paul also wrenches Kyle’s midget. They go back at least three years I think.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

FTI, Just set fast time tonight at Kokomo. Also won it last night at Lawrencburg.

9. backcountryme

Anyone who thinks that Nascar is a higher level of racing then midgets and sprints, especially USAC midget week, is doing nothing but showing how stupid they are. Nascar has about 800hp, and over 3000 lbs. A USAC non wing sprintacr is about 1000hp and 1300 lbs. Hell, a midget is 400hp and 1030 Lbs WITH THE DRIVER. Yeah, Nascar aint shit compared to that.

guy89zx7 and drop like this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think some of you self - righteous pricks should get over this.
    The guy made a mistake, apologized for it and acknowledged that he will be paying the price.
    I agree that he must have some racist thoughts, but that is a learned behavior and can be unlearned also.

Or, we can just continue to believe that he is a totally racist asshole and we should lynch him with 3 foot screwdrivers.

418, DmanSlam, Britt and 1 other person like this.
  11. backcountryme

Don't forget, he is also bi-racial

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Why do you think he "Must have some racist thoughts">>?? Because he said a bad word"...seriously.?? Nigger, Cracker, RedNeck, Hillbilly, which one is a racial slur and which one is a slight..which one is just a fucking word...(answer...ALL of Them..In Context).

Amusing to me that people who are offended by one word that begins with an "N" have no issues using other words to describe other people..that are just as offensive if taken in certain context.."Toothless Hillbillies"..."Trailer Trash"..."Poor White Trash"...ect.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  13. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

This is turning into a topic for the dungeon that no longer exists...

stk0308 and DmanSlam like this.
  14. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I meant his new team owner when he returns to NASCAR.

Tony's series, he ran those three races

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the ban count on this one. It’s certainly increased my ignore count...

SuddenBraking and DmanSlam like this.
  16. backcountryme

Young Money wins the Midget Week title. Never finished worse then 2nd in any race. Almost won tonight in a GREAT race. The kid is on fire.

17. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

If I hit the ignore button on every racist on the board I'd only see three people...

18. capt_slow

capt_slow Active Member

I will say, I am new here and looking to race WERA in the near term. Really disappointed in a number of these responses.

Circacee and Razr like this.
  19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

27. Not a kid. For reference, the lead driver for Ferrari is Charles Leclerc, he is 22. Pretty sure no one is calling him a kid.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Okay but I’m failing to connect the dots between you racing with WERA and the dumbassery in this thread...