1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges Minis June 13-14 with WERA

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by StaccatoFan, May 28, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Mongo.

Please if you don't mind, direct me to the links on wera.com if that's more efficient.

How much is a mini license?
    Can I get a mini license at the event?

Do I need a membership AND a race license, and an AMA membership?

http://wera.com/fees/?x=1098

Can you give me an idea of the breakdown of what I need as far as fees for this Nelson weekend?

Thanks again in advance.

rk97 likes this.
  2. StaccatoFan

OH just thought of one more question.

Do both classes of minis race together?

Thanks again Mongo.

Darrin

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I get paid on the 12th and don’t have the kids until 6:00 on the 14th. Hmmm...

StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Also is this the same for kids?

5. StaccatoFan

Yes....I believe for kids as well. My son and I are planning on making the trip this weekend.

You need to get a letter of consent notarized for WERA to your consent to let a minor race with WERA.

http://wera.com/pdfs/forms/letter of consent.pdf

Also from Chapter 7 of the Book of WERA verse 6:

6. Any rider under the age of 18 may not compete without the duly notarized consent of parents or legal guardian. The notarized consent will be retained by WERA. In addition, each rider under the age of 18 must have on file with WERA a minor release form which can be obtained from WERA. Some facilities may require this form every weekend, the forms will be available at registration. Rider 8 years old may ride in practice only with the mini’s. Riders 9 years old are limited to 50cc & 80cc classes. Riders 10 years old are restricted to F/E/D/Clubman class machines. Riders 12 & 13 years old are restricted to 650cc/LW Twins machines. Riders 14 & 15 years old are limited to “C” class machinery. Riders 16 and older are allowed to run any WERA legal machinery. These limits may be changed at WERA’s discretion on a case by case basis.

I'm guessing the minor release form will be at the track for us to fill out and sign, because there's not one available in the section of WERA's site that offers the forms for printing in .pdf format.

And Ms. Evelyn said that Mini races are half distance than regular sprints...so 4 laps versus the regular 8 lap sprint races.
    Hope that helps.

6. voss555

Sounds good, talked to her today as well. We'll see you there!

7. StaccatoFan

8. StaccatoFan

WHAT a FREAKIN BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!

STOOOOOPID fun....Seriously ......STOOOPID fun.

I was older than the other 4 riders on the starting grid COMBINED.

At one point in this mornings first practice, I'm towing my son around to show him some better lines...and we get on the back straight, I
    look back to see where he's at and he's not there....so I'm like WTF???? Hope he didn't go down. But I cannot stop, of course. No red flags so that's a good sign.
    Next thing I know...I come back around and the little twerp is wringing his little Ohvale's neck trying to get past me on the back straight...it's like a slow motion drag
    race to the next right hand kink...we're looking at each other laughing our butts off.

Ms. Evelyne and Sean...Thanks for giving us a place to play.

Hope everyone got home safe...was great to meet everyone I talked to this weekend. Old friends and new...had a BLAST!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. voss555

Definitely worth the drive for us- LEAN track day on Friday was perfect- thankful they let the kid run with them on the R3. Everyone was awesome, great hospitality!

10. StaccatoFan

Is Hank your son?

11. voss555

Yes sir

12. StaccatoFan

He’s a damned good kid!
    Polite and very well mannered.

He corners low. :)

voss555 likes this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Hank was good kid and had a good time meeting you and him. How was the drive back?

voss555 likes this.
  14. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

Damn kids are all way to fast!No fear havin bastards.
    They are making my old,fat ass feel shame.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Dad's
    This brings back so many good memories. Mini's were awesome years...I hope you really enjoy it@!!!!!!

16. StaccatoFan

I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world Mr. Linders.

Met some GREAT people the last couple years through Mini's.

I know my son has made some of his best friends, too. I mention an event and he wants to know which of his friends will be there. Then, he's all excited to go.

Back at home.....they all meet up on XBox and play virtually as well. I think it's VERY cool.

17. voss555

Stopping for ice cream offset stopping for toll booths!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Funny for Fathers Day, Tyler and I are going out to the local kart track to ride a friend's mini with his son. They were nice enough to offer up a bike for us to ride. Looks like we are meeting @SLLaffoon out there too. Anyway Tyler hasn't been on a mini since 2010 and last time I was on one, 09ish I broke some bones......so hopefully it is a nice fun safe day.

I can't wait it will be a blast!!!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it! Last time I rode the XR100 in anger was maybe 2015 or 16 in NC when Aaron opened up the Cornerspin track for some lapping. Before that, it was Barnesville, GA circa 2014 or something like that.