1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR and confederate flags

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So they’ve been banned. I truly think this is another thing that will hurt NASCAR. I don’t follow the sport or have a flag but I think they’re trying to kill off their original fan base and go after millennials.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I never understood the novelty regarding flying a flag of the loser, but people have this on their house too:D

[​IMG]best soup in wilmington nc

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hey, that was uncalled for ! :mad:

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Really? I don't think millennials give two 5hits about NASCAR, do they?

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And there in lies my point. Why is nascar shooting themselves in the foot?

sharkattack likes this.
  6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

They haven’t lost enough fans over the past 3 years. Time to go for the kill shot and take a swipe at their southern base.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Going after the more refined F1 and HorseRacing crowd...getting rid of the beer swilling Rednecks...

It appears to be a good solid business plan..kind of like DMG buying AMA RoadRacing, bringing in more fans and better sponsorship money.

VFR#52, Quicktoy, scottn and 11 others like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I love your dry wit. :D

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, it’s not going to make a huge impact one way or the other.

condon66, baconologist and noles19 like this.
  10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Because there are no Fans in the Infield...and None in the seats...wait for when they come back and NASCAR starts ejecting them for "Flag Violations"..the impact will be felt.
    Maybe not UpNorth..but below The Mason Dixon, East of The Mississippi.

cav115, G 97, sdg and 1 other person like this.
  11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

What if you are sporting a tattoo of it?

tiggen likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You're probably on the lifetime VIP list.

Scotty87 and ChemGuy like this.
  13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Same thing the Marines said..."It's Offensive, Cover it Up".

OldGuyOnBlu likes this.
  14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Stupid move. Telling people what they can’t have, makes them want it more. Sales increase...

GRH likes this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the BLM car finished 11th... is NASCAR going to start handicapping Virtue Signal liveries??

DrA5, notbostrom and 418 like this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The whole thing makes me sad... but the folks screaming with butthurt about ""The flag is the Battle Flag, it ain't racist"" should have been screaming that butthurt over the last 100 years as every white supremacist hate group that there ever was usurped that 'not racist' flag into their racist regalia. They didn't protect it from that taint, now it's not theirs anymore.

Guess Mississippi isn't getting a NASCAR date anytime soon...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

It’s called getting into other people’s business. Most normal folks stay out. Now, I don’t own that flag, or have anything with its likeness, never wanted to or saw the need. But, just like with my black rifles, I may get one now just to piss the hand wringers off.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw this yesterday and thought "I don't care, I don't have one, not gonna fly one and NASCAR bores the shit out of me."

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Just how prevalent is the flag today? I've seen some old photo of fans flying it but nothing about the teams. I don't watch it or care that much about oval racing.

The bannings from this thread will be an interesting count, I am going with 10.

tl1098, code3ryder and StaccatoFan like this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If it is an insignia that you feel very strongly about, then it IS your business when it gets tainted. Many here would not stand idly by when someone burned a US flag, a few would be even more enraged at the burning of a yellow #46 flag... 'toe would go full tacticool at the sight of a burning zook flag. Strongly held feelings about beloved insignia spark action... there was none for this insignia until it began to be removed/banned.