1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America 2020 Round 2

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 9, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Looking forward to camping, burning around on the scooter and watching some racing!

Who's going?

What's the predictions on who will finish where?

5axis and RossK6 like this.
  2. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I'm going out on a limb and saying everyone who finishes will do so at the start/finish line.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    BigBird, scottn, rcarson15 and 11 others like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Unless the M4 team magically found something, I'm thinking it will be a Yamaha sweep in the SBK.
    PJ should do the job in STK1000, ala Ducati-Gate
    I hope to see Aguilar in the SS podium.

Junior and Twins should be fun man, those guys leave it ALL out there.

pjzocc and sbk1198 like this.
  5. grasshopper

Ha ha Careful out on that limb... the branch may break. :)

Who will finish "in what place". Duhhrrr.

6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

SBK - Cam/Gagne/Scholtz - same 3 both races
    SSTK - PJ/Petersen/Mesa (Dumas finds another 2 sec/lap and gets into the 2:15's for a top 5 finish)
    600SS - Paasch*/Escalante/SDK - (* provided he wears a 3lb lead belt this race)
    Twins - Rocco/Blackmon/De Keyrel
    Jr Cup - Rocco/Doyle/Lochoff

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Their girlfriends may have something to say about that...:D:eek:

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

SBK - Cam/Gagne and tough to say for 3rd. I think there will be some good battles between Fong, Elias and Scholtz
    SSTK - PJ/Petersen/Alexander again (is Mesa going??)
    600SS - Same as before, Escalante/Paasch/SDK
    Twins - Rocco/DeKeyrel/Blackmon
    Jr Cup - Rocco/Doyle/Rodio

9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Mesa isn't going. The Ducati has too much HP.

I think most races will be similar to round 1, with the exception that Toni will be in the mix for 2nd.

10. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I'll be there crewing again for Nate Minster on the TSE r6 and sticking around for the STT track day on Monday

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

... and apparently he wasn't fast enough to even be the first Kawi.

12. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I mean, if he was the first Kawasaki and was regularly beating Andrew Lee last year, then maybe. Otherwise it just looks like he doesn’t want to be a small fish in a big pond. What if PJ jumped on a Kawi and showed up everywhere he did, collecting contingency, then what? Too bad Debise couldn’t get funding together and run a Graves Kawi. That would give PJ a run for sure.

My prediction is the same as the last race, I think Scholtz has better starts and is able to break free earlier. Hammer will be a little faster but so will everyone else. I expect Toni and Bobby to be closer though and I expect Herrin to take a leap forward. For Josh, not so much OA race pace, but I think he can be with the front back for a few laps. If the weather is cooler, I predict cam goes into the 2:10s. If it’s much warmer than he may be slightly slower than he was just running.

I think SDK will heal up and look more competitive with Escalante (I’m sure he was sore Sunday).

Otherwise, everything stays the same.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Can't be any worse than that first one. :(

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You trying to jinx him? He walked away.

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Are we going to pretend the weather will be as perfect as the first round, or are we assuming it will have no impact?

17. grasshopper

That's something that cannot be discussed until the first bike rolls out Friday morning.

stk0308 and Quicktoy like this.
  18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Honestly, that’s kind of my point. Assuming similar conditions, I have no reason to expect results much different from the first round.

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yep, therefore I was assuming perfect weather in my predictions lol From my limited experience there during this time of year, chances are on my side. I have been to Road America 5 consecutive years at end of June/early July and 4 of those 5 times was perfect weather, sunny with temps in the 70s and low 80s with little wind. The 5th time was mostly rain lol....so 80% chance of great weather :)

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Anyone living in WI will give you 50/50 odds, at best, for any given hour. :crackup: