1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by craig641, May 19, 2020.

1. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

I understand the corona has put everything on hold but as of right now Summit is still on.

Myself and others have made several requests for WERA to return to Summit. In the past there have been some pretty decent grid sizes in the 350gp and the v1 classes. Not to mention the vintage rider party on Saturday night.

How many would be willing to bring out their stock cb350s or their v1 bikes or even the 250gp bikes if Mongo would let us grid up at the back of a race? WERA has the chance of having the only vintage race in the North east for quite some time.

Craig

videojack and CLM81 like this.
  2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

not vintage, but i'm planning to go. all the courses in the northeast have been pulled off the schedule the last few years, so it will be nice to do some WERA races this year.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm having my pipes rebuilt right now. I have new mikinus fur it to run v1/p1/lwsv Even have new leathers I got last year. Been foot dragging since the out break but talked to Tanner and I'm doing uscra fur the rescheduled fim. Mosport cancelled too. Add I've got a *cough* little licensing issue right now and just got my health insurance going again.

But I'm planning on wandering out to summit that weekend either way if they allow spectators.

And I'm.pretty sure vintage is on the schedule for summit and Nelson!

videojack likes this.
  4. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

hey CH, hope it is on, no v1, 250,350, but ill be there -V 3 or 4, 5, and maybe 6L or 6H, later tp

videojack likes this.
  5. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Gonna try to get the Ape running in time, but if not I’ll come out to corner work and hang.

videojack likes this.
  6. cyclocrossfool

has the summit point website calendar been updated? the wera event is listed on the 6/6-6/7 dates. some stuff on that weekend is postponed but the wera events aren't.

videojack likes this.
  7. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Headed up that way for some custom kitchen cabinet work. Plan to bring Black Bullett for GP350 rounds at Summit, a track I haven't visited for a very long time. Anyone planning 350 action for Nelson Ledges the weekend after Summit Point?

8. cyclocrossfool

i would check, but gp350 may be vmd only ??? you might be looking at v3+ or 500gp??

9. videojack

Ah yes, just got so used to running 500GP with my 350GP racer.
    Right you are, Sir.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Summit is working their asses off to get it so we can run. Hope to have a final answer today.

videojack and evakat like this.
  11. cyclocrossfool

in for V4, V5, V6LW

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah - it's on! Schedule is on the main site and pre entry is open through Monday at midnight.

videojack likes this.
  13. videojack

Bring out your GP350/GP500 bikes guys. My commute will only be 40 minutes to the track.

14. videojack

We're on! I'm bringing my stocker 350 from Georgia. Let's grow us some grid action!

britx303 likes this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’m in 100% for V7’s,but i’ve always enjoyed watching the cb350’s out on track. Hope a few of y’all show up!!:beer:

16. cyclocrossfool

entries V5-3, V4-1, V3-0, V6LW-1. 500gp-1 people are where?

britx303 likes this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah no kidding. All the mid-a vintage guys have been wanting a Summit round................:(

18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Yep, really disappointed in the vintage turnout. Was hoping to see some old friends and a bunch of gnarly and loud CB350’s and other old bikes.

I thought you were coming out JoeC, and was hoping Bucky would make it.

britx303 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know it wasn't huge but you guys did make a difference in helping pay the bills so thanks to everyone who did make it out. It was great to see the people who did make it too.

20. cyclocrossfool