1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So where did the chamber of torture go?

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've been lucky to see 80 ~ 90% (maybe more) of her lacrosse games. Hauled her up and down the east coast for 3 years of travel lacrosse and around NoVa for 4 years of rec. We were going to catch all her home HS games and some of the away (wanted to give her some space on some). Field Hockey I saw all the home games.

Watched her go from being (in her own words) "one of the worst players on the team" in her first year to being a player that the other teams know her name before she comes in and put in plays to stop her specifically. She got the nickname of Baba Yaga from the girls she played with and it spread to ones she had never met. and they were afraid of her. :D Sounding a bit like a hollywood dad here but I've enjoyed the heck out of watching her progress in a sport she picked and she lives for. :) I played it way back but she found it on her own and it's her's. :)

Funny things I've overheard said about her during games:
    That girl would curb stomp her own grand mother!
    Who raised an animal like that? This is Rec lacrosse!

After getting hit hard in a game and on the deck for a bit:
    Other team's dad "That's the end of her I guess?"
    A dad of one of her team mate: "Oh, you don't know that girl. I bet she's already plotting the receipt. I feel sorry for the girl that hit her."

It's been a great ride so far with a few more years still to go.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

She wanted a sport she could play in the fall in HS so she tried out for FH. She had done some clinics previously but never played a game but made the JV. She got good at it and started every game and played most of the game time. In her words she "wanted a sport that she could have fun with and not take too serious." The not serious lasted until the start of the first scrimmage. :D

Like RD and Brit said, similar like roadracing and motocross.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    HPPT likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'Field' Hockey, yes.

'Underwater' Hockey, sure.... (and yes, it exists)

Ball Hockey, yes!

Else, Hockey is played on ice, with skates...

Philistines!

rd400racer likes this.
  4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So......how bout that weather :crackup:

Cannoli likes this.
  6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

https://www.nhl.com/news/return-to-play-stanley-cup-playoffs-format/c-317098722?tid=317064234

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

worthless and Sabre699 like this.
  8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I'm good with this. Maybe I'll find someone who wants to date an old has-been who used to have some speed on two wheels. :D

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

pickled egg likes this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hey Vale!!! <waving coyly>

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I know a name calling, whor-ticulturist, bird watching, dude that loves playing in the mud that has a great relationship with his mother that’s in dire need of some strong love in his life.

@G 97

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have used ice rinks not in NBA arenas but either way they'll be on ice rinks.

13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Cant wait till an ice rink by me opens up again so i can play hockey.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When the kid goes to play indoor I always sneak into one of the rinks outside the boards at the facility just to smell the air. If you don't get a semi from that smell you're dead (or Metalhead).

Ducti89 likes this.
  15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Ice hockey or field hockey?

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

"In Russian folklore, Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar, wields a pestle, and dwells deep in the forest in a hut usually described as standing on chicken legs."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, but one of the kid's older brothers took it from the John Wick movies and called her that watching a game. The girls picked it up.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dude you have no idea. I’m trying. Thanks :beer:

19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ice.

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Which movie? I, II, or III?