1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full size trucks - gas mileage difference

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, May 27, 2020.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You planning on towing a fifth wheel with your Taco? :p

2. SuddenBraking

Yeah - why is that? Clutch can't handle it? That's why I went auto in mine but there's definitely days I wouldn't mind rowing.

They're dropping the 3 liter diesel into the Gladiators as well.

https://www.drivingline.com/article...ll come standard,enough air across the engine.

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Did you add a brake controller? I remember seeing they didn't even offer it when the Gladiator first came out.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

All good man...I love it:D

Yeah, it was hell having to go rescue those SEAL's when the sea got a 3' chop:crackup:

5. SuddenBraking

I didn't - I don't tow much weight at all (trailer has a 2K limit).

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ha. No, but I would like to close the tailgate when haulin' dirtbikes.

7. fastfreddie

:crackup:GTFO!

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn Coasties...they get moved from Dept of Treasury to Transportation and finally to Homeland Security and they start getting all uppity with delusions of grandeur....calm down son...your still on the same level as the NOAA Corps and Public Health Service Corps....

:D

rd400racer likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

10. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Not a Chrysler fan, but the Pentastar 3.6L has been a pretty Damn good engine from what I have seen.

11. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

29A44B11-FB6D-4A98-B3B3-FEEA96C84C3F.jpeg Hi been looking at a 2020 Ford F-250 either a 6.2L or a 7.3L anybody hear any good or bad news about these.

12. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

Hi I was looking about 2-3 weeks ago on a 2019 dodge 3500 diesel then I was talking to a Chrysler tech from the dealer they were blowing oil and taking a shit ! Not good ! B59F951D-56A3-4392-A427-F09ACB996391.jpeg

13. fastfreddie

The 6.2 comes with the 6-speed, the 7.3 comes with the 10-speed. The 10-speed may be an option on the 6.2.
    7.3 is getting 14-15 mpg/hwy according to YouTube reviews.

14. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

7.3 and 10 speed FTW.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I saw MOPAR offers some catalog components for it. With the prev magnum v6... it was hilarious that you could make more power with basic bolt on & stock components &
    along with a manual transmission which really highlighted how lethargic the automatic equipped v8s were. Dodge did offer the 5.2 w/ 5 sp in 2 model years /4wd models...which was head & shoulders above the 5.9 v8-46re
    in terms of performance & reliability. Kind of irritating you can't get a manual with the turbo 4 and how its not even an option on the gladiator. The aftermarket turbo kit for the V6 looked promising but I didnt look at
    what they do for tuning. Im guessing FIAT locks the ODBII port??

16. fastfreddie

Something like a DiabloSport product is needed to unlock and tune.
    I would not use DiabloSport, however. The horror stories of bricked ECUs in JKs is enough to make me go anywhere else.

As far as breathing...
    The Paxton-style blowers (RIPP) make power up high where it's completely useless for trail duty.
    The Roots-style blowers like Edelbrock and Magnuson make power down low where it's useable. Both brands use Eaton 1320cc TVS rotor assemblies. HP Tuners can unlock/tune the Magnuson, unlock only necessary for 2015-2018 model years.
    Edelbrock says ~ 315HP/280TQ; Magnuson says 50% more HP, 40% more TQ.
    Stock is 285/260...do the math and the Magnuson is pumpin' ~ 427HP/390TQ.
    Naturally, the tune makes the difference and I'm sure either can be tuned for the same power, also taking into consideration the pulley ratios that increase boost.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I had a ‘98 Ram 4x4 with the 5.2 and manual transmission.

It was a dog. Motor spark knocked like a sunnuvabish, rear diff ate the carrier bearings, and the shift tower leaked.

Would not buy again.

18. fastfreddie

I concur, having drag raced against a '9* 5.2 Ram with my '98 4.0 Cherokee (190HP) and pretty much made the Ram look stupid.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

right... it was more appropriate for something like a mid sized dakota or a jeep. The ram was just overweight even in single cab configuration.
    Also if you had the stock manifold... it was 2 piece and leaked oil mist into the intake. There's your spark knock. Or yours may have
    had cracks between the valves in the combustion chamber.
    Ive never had any issues with the 9.25 in all the ones Ive owned.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It was a 45k/mile lease. I stopped driving it 35k into it and bought my Cummins. It spark knocked since the day it came off the lot, and the dealership flashed the ECU three times before throwing up their hands and refusing to even return my calls on it.

That’s why it got delivered back to them in my race trailer, being hauled by the truck I bought elsewhere.

YamahaRick and TurboBlew like this.