1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Endurance Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by JBall, Nov 19, 2019.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

any word on the June summit round?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not yet.

3. swiest152

per the CCS summit cancellation for memorial weekend

"While statewide restrictions are being eased on May 21st, the Jefferson County DHHS currently has a 5 person limit in place for all events and cannot commit to easing that restriction by the Memorial Day weekend. (The next projected change would be either to 10 or 25 persons, well below the expected racer and crew turnout of 400 people.)"

Does that projected change for the 10-25 person limit go up to 400 before June 6th?

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wonder how that is worded by the state/county. Georgia has limits too but they're all worded for interiors of buildings and based on square footage. Sucks for CCS.

5. swiest152

Their biggest weekend of the year (in every way).

If WERA gets to run the summit weekend, the turn out should be good since all those CCS guys are going to be itching even more

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We will see, from everything I'm seeing the state and county have gone nuts given the handful of infections and deaths. Can't find anything listing the specifics of allowing motorsports and such even though it's mentioned in the governors order.

7. LrS

LrS brain dead

Anything to report on the Summit round?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One way or the other a decision will be made today. Any later and it's damn near impossible for y'all to make plans. Keep en eye out here and facetubes and such.

9. LrS

LrS brain dead

Unfortunately, our team is out for Summit. We now don’t have time to prepare.

Hopefully this round gets rescheduled for later in the year.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What if I tell you now it's going to happen?

11. clarustnb

clarustnb Well-Known Member

well you didn't tell us now.

rrcap2001 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He hasn't answered yet however I did tell you - just not in this thread/forum....

13. LrS

LrS brain dead

Doesn’t matter if you tell me now, it’s too late. We were originally promised an answer on the 25th. That means I had people looking for me for answers by C.O.B. on the 25th. Why wouldn’t you post it in this forum? This is the forum for the endurance racing, correct?

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was a joke. My original response to you was the answer and also a joke.

Sorry about the delay but I posted within minutes of the track telling us it was a go. Couldn't do it by the promised close of business, as they hadn't told us because the county hadn't told them, it was totally out of our control. Hope you can make one later in the season.

15. LrS

LrS brain dead

Sean,
    It wasn’t you or WERA that was the cause of the delay.

I’m not mad at you guys, just really frustrated with the situation/events in the world in general

16. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’m not gonna have my bike ready in time for the Summit round, so anyone that needs a bitch gimme a holler.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm totally with you on that one! I've had flights booked and car/rooms rented and had to cancel, had Road Atlanta ready to go at the push of a couple buttons and nope. It's looking better now but still annoying as hell.

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

@Mongo are steering dampers really necessary on little bikes for the ULW endurance? A few friends and I are interested in coming up to PittRace in September and doing the 2-hour ULW race and a few sprints on Sunday. Neither one of us has a steering damper on our ninja 400s. Never felt the need for one in 2 years of racing it. I looked into borrowing one from someone but nobody that I know who races a 400 uses one, besides a couple of kids who will be using theirs at NJMP that weekend. I've been told by someone who ran the 2-hour race at Summit Point that they didn't have one and it was no issue, but wanted to check with you first. Don't want to drive 9 hours only to find out I can't race lol

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

mpusch likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes they are - and no matter what anyone says even the slower smaller bikes can get into a tank slapper and hurt you. I have made allowances for new racers/teams but seriously, get one on there, it's stupid cheap insurance.