1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's ready for Supercross to begin next Sunday afternoon?

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., May 24, 2020.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

7 races in 4 weeks. All in Salt Lake City's Rice-eccles Stadium. Should be a great end to the season.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Will the be changing track design between rounds?

socalrider likes this.
  3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i thought the same thing too. thats not much time between wednesday to sunday to make changes

4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

yes they are changing the track for each event. i am looking forward to watching SX racing BADLY! Ski

Once a Wanker.. and Shenanigans like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

Where is it on?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

nbc sports gold I think

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

8. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

The first round is gonna be like A1, I bet somebody like Barcia or Anderson will win SLC1.

9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Saw an interview with Roczen and Tomac...Roczen has been grinding laps and Tomac is busy with the baby by the sounds of it IIRC.

10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Anderson normally suffers from altitude sickness and flies in and back out extremely close to the race. Curious how he copes with having to live there for 4 weeks.

Tomac has a huge advantage over most, training and living at 7,000 ft, in many folks and my opinion. Excellent article discussing this on the Racer-X website.

Bloodhound likes this.
  11. d_alexand

ET3 may have the elevation advantage but shit happens in supercross. The field is stacked right now because all the guys that were injured are healed, so we'll see.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I want to root for AP7, but I feel like until he gets off of the Pirelli's, he's going nowhere.

So, I think I'm moving to the AC9 train.

13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So they are having 7 race rounds all in the same stadium across 4 weekends...with different track layouts each week?

That's an innovative solution.

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

That's my understanding. I can't foresee the tracks being complete renovations though in 3 or 4 days though. Can't wait to see how the layouts change.

16. d_alexand

I just went to the NBC Sports website and they want $59 for the supercross package. That's crazy.

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

They said they would change the track each race. Some will be just changing obstacles using same lanes, other races the layout will be changed.

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

you get supercross and motocross for the YEAR, you can watch EVERYTHING, Practices, qualifying, heats, lcq's mains, ALL LIVE (and the monster cup races, in october). when nbcsn is not televising the event live, or is tape delayed, and you like watching live racing, it is pretty decent, and NO COMMERCIALS. plus, you can go back and watch from the libraries, if you want to watch later, or see things again. we bought it the last two seasons. i think it was 79 or 89 dollars when buying in december, for 30+ events. Ski

19. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Edit: it looks like it's on NBCSN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

As much as I’d love to see AP7 on Pirelli he’s not. The only major team on Pirelli right now is JGR Suzuki. I think Tickle will be up front the rest of the season.

AP7 is one of my favorites to watch just had hoped for better things this year from him.
    Can’t wait for the season to restart.

normally I’d be on the tomac train and I haven’t been following the “off season” training but I think KR is going to be strong.