1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RV leveling “wedges” opinions

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, May 22, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Those look like they would sink into any surface except hard pack gravel and asphalt. But they look lighter than the 2X8 ramps I have used in the past.

3. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I have them and did use them on my tow behind 34 1/2' Toy Hauler. The GVWR on that trailer was 13,000 lbs and I was usually in the 12,300 lb range when loaded and headed out. The day I bought them I stuck them under the trailer wheels and back up on them to try them out. You can get about 4" of lift on the low side with them and they are rock solid. Make sure and use the other half (the chock) one you get done leveling.

And speaking of leveling, I don't know if you are aware of a product called LevelMate Pro. It is a product that you put inside the trailer and once you get the trailer level, both front to back and side to side, you hit the set-point button and it remembers what is exactly level. You also have an app for your phone that goes with this so when you get to a campsite, fire up the app and watch on your phone and when you stop, it will display which side is low and how much.....in 1/4" increments. That is when you get out and place the Anderson leveling wedges under the low side wheel or wheels. Get back in the truck and back up slowly until the indicator says you are level. Chock the wheels and unhook from the truck and then watch the app again as you raise or lower the front of the trailer to exactly level. The two systems together is almost like cheating it's so easy. I am associated with neither company, but highly recommend both products.

jschuster2 and RRP like this.
  4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

5. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

Mark,
    I have the Anderson wedges and they work well. Quicker and easier than the stack up blocks, IMHO.

RRP likes this.
  6. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I use them on my tandem axle 33' toy hauler and they work great. Like what was already said, make sure you put the supplied chocks under the levelers before unhitching. My first time using my rv I put the chocks under the tires the wrong way like an idiot and the trailer tried to "unlevel" itself right into my tailgate

I am definitely going to be getting that level pro app. I hate getting in and out of the truck.

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Just so you know, it's not just an app. You have to buy the LevelMate Pro unit, then download the app from the Apple store or the google play store.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks Jeff!

And thanks all for info.

It looks like the Anderson wedges are the ticket.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Mark,
    @maslov has them too. We used them at Jennings. Worked great. Light and easy to use, I will be picking up a set for my new little hauler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RRP and maslov like this.
  10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

They sell camper pads that go under them for soft ground

11. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Yep, these work great! Used it while boondocking on not so level and soft ground... these plus a LevelMatePRO and you’re golden!

12. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I mentioned the LevelMate Pro above in my post. I bought one pretty early when they first came out in 2016 and the ONLY reason I let it go with the trailer I traded in was because the new one had Auto-leveling built in the trailer. I agree with you....they are one of the best accessories a person can buy for a trailer that needs to be levelled and doesn't have the auto level. Two great minds huh.....LM Pro and the Anderson leveling wedges! Sweet.

maslov likes this.
  13. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree more!