1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Lot of riders in Twins and Stock 1000.

Amazing how few "well known" riders are left in the 600 class. You have SDK, Brandon Paascsh, Richie Escalante and Jason Aguilar. I remember talking with Jason's dad a couple months ago and Jason wasn't going to race this year, but then changed his mind when he saw how many of the heavy hitters were left in the class.

Interesting nationalities in Superbike:

USA - 13
    Outside USA - 8

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

600 class was my favorite to watch last year. Sucks we couldn't get Hayden back in or Bryce.

turbulence and Mike Lafayette like this.
  3. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Good List!!! Why the double entry between SBK and STK1000? They allowing for riders to do both?

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Mine too and twins cup.

Yes, if I remember correctly they get an extra set of tires for free and MA has some special payouts too for guys that do both classes.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yep, Superbike Cup.

6. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

I know how can someone with Hayden's talent not race Superbike or at least STK1000? He was always one of the larger 600 riders and I would love to see him race a superbike! He was/is very aggressive but also very talented, I think he would perform very well on a liter bike - what are his plans now, does anyone know?

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Wow, kind of surprised at the entries for supersport and junior cup. I would normally think in most series these would have the most entries (the anomaly of the twins cup not withstanding :D). Yet junior cup has the lowest turn out and supersport with only one more than stock 1000 and tied with superbike but with fewer big names. Odd shift in my opinion. Still stoked for racing to start though. Twins cup I'm sure will kick ass as always and I'm sure all the classes will have some great racing.

Dave Hanson likes this.
  8. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Rocco about to hurt some real feelings on M4's bike.

Circacee, badmoon692008 and Senna like this.
  9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Maybe some, not all..

drop, RRP, rcarson15 and 3 others like this.
  10. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Excited to see my dude Nate Minster debut in the Supersport class with Team TSE. He hit some major strides last year and took over most of the CCS Midwest 600 classes. Him and his dad Tom are good peoples

badmoon692008 and Senna like this.
  11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So no Andrew Lee.. I was hoping he worked something out. Guess not.

12. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. Crazy.

13. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Yea I’m confused how does the champ not get a ride??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I know on Off Track he said that Franklin Armory didn’t renew sponsorship. It’s also a pretty tough environment right now to find new ones, especially when it was pretty inconclusive whether there’d even be a season this year for a while.

15. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Man, that is really unfortunate and just seems all sorts of wrong...I feel for the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ yeah I really think it is almost criminally bad that Lee doesn't have a ride. Would really really like to see Graves put a Kawi on the grid with Lee on it (with Kawasaki actually supporting them).

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

He's definitely talented, but so are the rest of the Twins front runners. Will be watching Dumas closely on the 1000, that should be interesting!

Edit: I see Rocco is running Jr cup too??

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

They don't include racing MotoAmerica.

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

? huh

20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

If there was a ballot for a wall between Illinois and Wisconsin, it would pass with about 80% of the vote as my guess voting yes.