1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you just brag about getting At 10:30 AM every day without an alarm clock? I mean, we both know that's the time you get up. So I don't understand the post. :confused:

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Whose drinking the Black Label Evan Williams? The Vintage single barrel is light years ahead of that stuff!

rd400racer likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

DAMNIT!!!!!! Replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter a few weeks ago and I guess I pinched the new o-ring installing the assembly back into the fuel tank. Fuel all over hot engine! Take it all apart again today and replace the o-ring again... this time much more carefully.

Why does Ducati put all this stuff in the fuel tank???? Makes no sense to me. What a hassle.

Used my new Motion Pro mini bleeder to bleed the front brakes and clutch. Worked like a charm.

This baby is going on Bring A Trailer.

DSC00113.jpg

4. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I have a similar loft except mines about a foot taller. I just use it for storage but find it a pain when I need something out of it. My loft is 8ft deep 10ft wide. Great for stuff like winter wheels and tires, camping gear, and I think I’m even going to put my compressor up there to give me more work space.

5. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I’d be happy with either, Id definitely be interested in hearing cost difference. Seems like metal would be cheaper?? No idea.

6. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

As you well know, I consider it a victory if I’m out of bed by 9:00am (unaided). . .Last couple of days it's been: wake up around 7:00am (no alarm) – say fuck this – go back to bed until 7:30 – roll out of bed around 7:45 – 7:50ish - feeling an immense amount of pride about now being an “early riser”. I recognize it’s only temporary based upon the projects I want to start/finish, but it’s a point of pride nonetheless to finally break into that category of lunatics known as “morning people”. :D

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Umm...I’d give your cousin top honors from that photo... :Poke: :Poke:

rd400racer likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Got the table made for the fridge this morning.
    [​IMG]

My daughter, Tennessee, helped me stain the picnic table I threw together from some more of this farmhouse wood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Two more coats and it will be done. :D

Triple X, 88/532, Steeltoe and 3 others like this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

How much?

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

12K reserve is the plan. You have one, yes?

trussdude likes this.
  11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Not yet :D

HPPT and motion like this.
  12. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Neighbor was parting out an old International Scout, which is one of my all time favorite vehicles. Ended up grabbing part of the front clip, hooked up a PSU and wired it into my garage light switch. Thought some here might like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Triple X, TLR67, lopitt85 and 5 others like this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

20200514_190411_resized_1.jpg

50x60 here. In floor heat. 14x14 and 10x10 door. 2x6 framing. Steel clad outside and Agtuf PVC panels inside. By the time I am done, will probably be about $130k ish. That is Canadian. I didnt compare to steel because I like how the inside can be finished nicer with a wood frame. I have a friend who did steel but a bit larger amd cost was comparable iirc.

YamahaRick and SuddenBraking like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What's going in that garage?

15. zertrider

My Camaro, and motorhome. And whatever other toys I want to work on. My Snowmobiles, Atvs, backhoe, tractor.
    And a mezzanine with a bar of course.

Chris likes this.
  16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Are you accepting applications for any additional friends at this time? :D

17. zertrider

:beer:
    Depends what kind of toys they are bringing along when they come over.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I built a 22' x 52' detached in 2003.

It's way too small!! I need a 50' x 60'!!

SuddenBraking and zertrider like this.
  19. zertrider

Exactly why is went that big. Didn't want to do it again. And the 30x50 that was already here. When I bought the place 8 yrs ago is only 9.5ft high, so cant put the RV in or a hoist.

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Figured out why this Buell was running like shit. Front plug was lean and I found the front header pipe was loose. Everything on this motorcycle is a cunt to work on.

upload_2020-5-18_10-40-47.png

upload_2020-5-18_10-42-53.png

upload_2020-5-18_10-43-36.png

upload_2020-5-18_10-44-24.png

cpettit likes this.