1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you buy a new wire harness

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Repeater, May 12, 2020.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Fellas,

I am thinking of investing in the tools to build my T500 a new wire harness. I used to build them in the military and for a medical company.

what you fellas think a new tested mil-spec built harness would go for? I can’t have it certified mil-spec but it would be built to those standards cause I don’t know any other way.

I’m also thinking of building them with newer style connectors for those that don’t need the stock connectors. Say new rectifier regulator. New ignition. Newer light connectors.

any thoughts would be helpful. Once I have mine taken apart and the measurements taken I don’t think it would take long to build one.

. I may just build mine and be done with it. But I’m pretty good at this and will have lots of extra wire left over.

I’m going to try to source good wire from non Chinese companies if possible.

Thanks,

Dennis,

pS I’m not trying to be funny anymore. Just a bad stage of insomnia.

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I really can't answer your questions. But, are you talking about the T500 only, or any bike? Or, custom on request? Just talking out loud here.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

even though i don't have a T500 or any interest in ever owning one, i think it's a great approach.

there's a guy in the Netherlands who started doing that for his 911 and now runs a company called Kroon wire harness.

you never know what things lead to.

4. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

https://4rcustomswire.com/ - good guys, good wire, tons of colour and stripe combinations.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I can vouch for them as well. I purchased the wire for my RGV wiring harness from them. The nice thing is you can swap out colors in their assortments and get exactly the colors you want. Also, they have the largest selection (in small quantities) of color stripe combinations I have seen anywhere.

6. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

They will quite cheerfully sell you a custom assortment - 10' of colour X and stripe Y, 5' of another combo, 25' of a third, etc etc etc ...

7. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Thanks fellas!

The project is on hold. This Chinese flue has hit my income a bit. I will eventually get on this. The wiring harnesses for these old bikes are so simple.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sold my T500 today :(

Good luck with your project.