1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we please have the dungeon back?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 7, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Allegiance to entertainment?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

In a Roman coliseum sense of the word perhaps.

R Acree likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well duh.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I always thought so. EFCE48BF-FD58-4FB9-B004-E64EECABE810.jpeg

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and he won't read posts more than a few sentences in. However, as long as he keeps posting short stories to say yes or no, he gets made fun of :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Ive been picked at throughout my life because of that. Was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder that wrecks my reading and comprehension skills. The reading retention is my biggest problem, I can read stuff 3-4 times before I can start to make sense of it but most of the time I just say F*ck it and move on without finishing.

In college i had professor that worked with me and showed me how to scan for answers in open book testing and that's the only way I can pass a reading comprehension test to this day lol. Maths and problem solving have always been my areas of expertise, absolutely own that shit.

I find myself replying to stuff on here that people have already discussed but I missed because I quit reading the replies,,, oh well lol.

Wingnut, VFR#52 and Metalhead like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did they copy the name? :D
    I just remembered my favorite part about coming up with the new name for our place: the one guy who was outraged and said he would not post anything again until the name was changed back to Politics & Religion. All these years later, no one has asked even once where he went. :crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I guess it just the educator in me, but I don't like somebody with a learning disability being made fun of because of that. However, I feel like anything he posts about and his lifestyle are totally fair game. Telling him to read a book is just mean.

SuddenBraking, VFR#52 and R1M370 like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Space shot...:D

R1M370 likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you people sure about that learning disability thing? What he does for a living suggests he can learn just fine. I think what he has is a patience problem. As an "reading books takes too damn long." The man has the attention span of a fruit fly.

G 97, VFR#52 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  11. Sabre699

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Agreed, but his stubbornness problem far outpaces it.

13. Sabre699

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Fuck no! You got Track Day Junkies Unleashed. :p

Phl218, Jed and TurboBlew like this.
  15. kenessex

He mentioned it a while ago in a post. A reading disability can manifest itself in many ways and he even mentioned that he has strategies for reading required technical items for his work. Reading a book would not be fun for someone who has to work hard at comprehension and retention. I can go into depth on this if you want.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not necessary. I'll defer to your experience.

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Fn know it all admin...

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Unless he wants to pet said fruit fly.

Robin172 likes this.
  19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

executive function disorders are very tricky. One thing they can do is create hyper focus, where one can focus maniacally on something that interests them but not at all on something that doesn’t, regardless of importance.

we all do that to some degree, but people with add/adhd, autism spectrum disorder, etc. suffer/benefit from it much more than others.

In short, an adhd mofo who is way into paleonegnetic geology will Hoover up that info nonstop but will be late to file a tax return that refunds 20k.

20. kenessex

But it doesn't make us wrong.