1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we please have the dungeon back?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, May 7, 2020.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Gauntlet....thrown.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Em effer won't know what the hell I'm talking about so I'm safe.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not unless they made it into a movie.

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You guys do remember don't you, that Broome mentioned in a post quite a while back that he has dyslexia or some sort of reading disability, so he doesn't read books or other lengthy reading? Perhaps you should lay off the reading books thing, he may not find it amusing. BTW, this is not directed at Dern, I just quoted him as a point of reference for the rest of you.

R1M370 likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

TL;DR

BTW, have you noticed some of his posts....

tzrider and Phl218 like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck him, if he can’t take a joke he’s made himself he can find a chainsaw to suck start! :crackup:

7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

So Dave, I may regret asking this but why do you hate them at the track?

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

and panties... ask how @eggfooyoung knows.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Probably phrased it wrong in my post but here's some examples of the Vintages guys at the track.

The DIY vintage guy: Has money but he's not going to spend a nickel that he doesn't have to. Needs a part for his bike and even if the guy ten feet from him has the part DIY vintage guy is gonna make that part using a grinding wheel, a road sign, a pack of bubble yum and some beer cans he got out a trash can. He's going to spend the entire night making his widget and he's not quiet. When you see him the next day (which you've slept not one second because his "workshop" is right next to where you're crashing) his homemade part looks like a Million bucks and works perfectly. :D Hate this guy.

The Rebuild from the cases up guy: Gets to the track with a pile of parts that at some point might have been a washing machine or a motorcycle, who knows? Spends the entire first night building his bike and finished at 5 am. He's a decent enough guy to wait until 6 am to start trying to get it running and it does run. Through a straight exhaust from 6 am until 7:30. :D Hate this guy!

The Kenny Roberts: Slightly older dude who somehow shows up in your pit, in your lawnchair, with your beer in his hand and chirps you the entire time he's there. Nice enough guy, will give you the shirt off his back but is there just to see how pissed off he can get you and how quickly he can get you to explode.
    "Hey, boy, your motorsickle is a pile of shit."
    "Hey, numbnuts, you're doing that wrong. " (and then doesn't explain what you're doing wrong)
    "Hey, junior, got any more beer, you're almost out." (as he takes a monster pull off one of your beers).
    Love this guy but you also hate him! :D

The Conductor: Has at least 27 vintage motorcycles at the track, races only one or two but has to fire up all 27 at once to prove to The Kenny Roberts (who has moved over to his area and has been chirping him since you told KR that you're out of beer) that they all run. Proceeds to run all 27 of his loud as f@ck bikes at once. Louder then Motorhead playing, a p51 mustang and a jack hammer combined. :D Hate this guy!

Pops Muzzy: Might be a rocket surgeon. . . or Ted Kaczynski. Has a CB750 or Z1 and this thing has been built out of what he had laying around (including a trick ass 4 into 24 into 6 exhaust made from aluminum baseball bats that is cool as f@ck). The rear sprockets (and he has 2 of every possible tooth count known to NASA) are made 100% by him in his home machine shop and are aluminum p0rn. Talks to himself constantly and you know he's not quite happy with his 4 into 24 into 6 exhaust and is already thinking of something more insane (and cool) to build. :D Hate this guy.

The Stinkwheeler: Has a vintage TZ350 or similar. Smokes a cigar and Does plug chops at least 6 times between 5 AM and 6. but you tolerate him because his bike has killed every mosquito within a 4 mile radius. :D Hate this guy!

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Rugbydad, Pixelator, SpeedyE and 25 others like this.
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

:crackup:(Vintage DaveK right there)

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

He may not read books much but he can damn sure write them. :D

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Describe, this . . . suck start? o_O

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Weird, it probably varies per region, but my Vintage guy caricature is always riding some large single with a monstrous flywheel. Warm up usually sound like the following (and I hope I can make justice of it):

bbbbbbbbbBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAH.......... POW! EEEEEEEEUUUuurrrrrrrr (repeat, ad nauseam)

YamahaRick likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think you meant DR;TL :D

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Pops Muzzy
    The Conductor
    :crackup:

What about the Lyle Lovett, Guy with goofy hair and everything else goofy.

There seems to be plenty of parallels between vintage and lightweight racers. :confused:

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

zHow about just one thread for everything dungeony.
    WERA uncensored.

17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

OH CRAP!!

I remember one particular week end where much of the time I was laying beside my TZ changing jets. I probably also made the place smell like two stroke Castrol. A much younger guy I didn't know ask me what I was doing. I said I was changing jets. He jokingly asked if I had heard of fuel injection. We have met the enemy and he is us (or me).

VFR#52 and Phl218 like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, there's others like:
    Lumper guy. Races a One lunger that might have been a 500cc at one point but is now like a 2000cc single and it takes at least 20 dudes and a 4WD pick up in low gears to bump start his bike.
    1000 bomber raid guy: Bike blows up 10 times a day, he smells like gasoline and castor oil and you're about to give his shit for wearing black face but you figure out that's soot from his bike's race.
    Concours guy: Been working on his bike since 1985 and Every part on his bike is 100% correct but you have to find and point out the single screw or nut that's not right inorder to send him into a rage. Even the oil and gasoline is period correct.

Could go on but you all get the point.

2blueYam likes this.
  19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And then you have guys like Dick who show up with stuff like this and it’s pure envy...:D

EDIT - and I have to give Joe P a golf clap also, as his F2 hybrid is still one bike I would go to jail for stealing...

DE191FB5-6CF7-4209-938C-17F480C12E2D.jpeg

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

[​IMG]