1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you use air travel in the near future?

Discussion in 'General' started by BROsiah, May 7, 2020.

1. BROsiah

BROsiah Well-Known Member

As someone in the aviation industry I curious to get peoples opinion.
    New safety standards are already well in the works along with low fairs will you want to travel?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Just curious, will they inject a disinfectant into the air handling systems on planes going forward?

I'm not against flying....but that may be a help/selling point to get people back in the air/planes/seats.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Do you really want to inhale disinfectant?

mpusch and cha0s#242 like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As soon as we can race out west hell yes. I've already got flights booked for the end of this month, hoping to use them.

flygirl likes this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Never enjoyed air travel and (mostly) airports.

If this shit can give me a reason not to travel, well some good would have come of it.......

Not what you wanted to hear. :D

Banditracer likes this.
  6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Never thought twice about it. Hopefully the rookies stay on the sidelines. LOL

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Still on the fence about Christmas in Maui. Cheaper fares would help, but this hysteria is going to start right back up in mid October.
    Not worried about the flying part, worried about the moronic politicization of it all part.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Flew one of my techs down to Florida the other day and he and one other person were the only ones on the plane.

G 97 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If nothing else the same people flipping out will stay home and that will make it sooooooo much easier.

BROsiah and sbk1198 like this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We have a big vacation scheduled for early August in Washington. As it stands we're moving forward.

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

As long as my son remains overseas I going to have to say "yes" if I still want to go see my grandkids. I'll be curious to see how long the mandatory face coverings stay around and what you are supposed to do about eating and drinking with said face covering. I understand that food and beverage service has been either eliminated or severely limited on most flights. That might be okay on the shorter flights. Not so much for cross-country or especially international flights.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No way...now that we realize injecting it is where it's at.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Been ready for a while now. Had travel withdrawal since February and it’s getting serious.

We will probably fly somewhere in August, November and February. For business I will get back to it whenever the boss says the coast is clear.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Probably a bad choice of words...Sorry. It's what came to mind at that moment.

Something that can neutralize/filter contaminants is what comes to mind as a "feel good" for the airlines to get Customers on the fence back in their seats.

Personally, I'm not bothered by the flying concerns.

Just found this ironically.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/airbus-eyeing-smell-sensors-capable-of-detecting-coronavirus-on-planes

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I have a trip to LAX planned in September, then to Toronto and Amsterdam in October. I hope to make all three events, assuming they are held (Amsterdam event was originally scheduled in June).

Maybe I can find me a Bubble Boy outfit equipped with my own O2 tank.

Or put a 30 gallon fuel cell in my Camry's trunk and drive to LA and Toronto; I'd only have to stop once for fuel for LA. Toronto could be non-stop. Still need to think about AMS.

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yep dont worry they will figure out a way to make commercial flying more unpleasant as a result of all this.

Seeley and JBall like this.
  18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've flown once in the last 15 years or so... the current situation won't make me any more or less likely to fly.

19. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I certainly will- i think it will be better than ever if all the anxious chicken-littles stay home.

sbk1198 likes this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I actually may not mind this ...
    Aviointeriors-Creates-New-Post-COVID-19-Seats-759x500.jpg

But it probably end up like this (more cost-effective) ... though 90% of people won't be able to squeeze into the middle or window seat.

$10 says the guy in the middle is thinking about the gal's snatch (that she's trying to cover with her right hand).

Aviointeriors-Creates-New-Post-COVID-19-Seats-4.jpg

jrsamples likes this.