1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Daytona 765 Moto2 Race Replica just came available

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Don't know if any of you are looking for one of these, but my local HD/Triumph dealership called me yesterday and they had one of these become available. (This one is #4 of the 4 they were getting, the other three are already gone, but this one's buyer had to back out due to Covid-19 circumstances.) If you're interested, call Tobacco Road HD/Triumph in Raleigh NC before this one is gone. (Mods, sorry if I'm breaking any rules, but I didn't want anyone here on the beeb to miss out if they're jones'n for one of these bikes.) I have to admit, they do look pretty sweet. I'm going down to look at it on Saturday, but I'm kinda figuring it will be gone by then. Just a FYI in case anyone wanted one. I don't work there and have no financial stake in this whatsoever. Just letting people know there actually is one available if you want one.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A friend that works at Motohio sent me a pic a couple weeks ago of theirs- it was #107 (my race number). Not even a little interested.

3. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Hey Stan, been a while! I'll have to go find a pic to see what prompted Tristan's comment. I loved my 675 that I had. I can't imagine these aren't even better.
    Any idea on price?

4. Tristan

Nothing wrong with the looks of it, I just have no use for a sportbike on the street and it doesn't fit into any race classes I want to run. And my 2 Triumph ownership experiences were less than stellar.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They better be highly discounted considering our current times.

418 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our current times don't seem to be adversely affecting parts sales, not sure about new bikes but a lot of aftermarket companies are up a good bit.

Newyork and 418 like this.
  7. grady anderson

Cool. No offense meant. Just wondering
    Who knows what classes it might fit in? Class structure seems to change frequently in some organizations
    I have no need for a sport bike for the street either
    I guess if I did I would put lights on my DB5R or even my FZR400
    But won’t

8. grady anderson

Abso-fuckin-lutely
    If ya can work a good deal on somebody who needs to sell because of the economic dip right now maybe show some empathy and give them what it is worth JMHO

tropicoz likes this.
  9. grady anderson

Limited production mostly sold out. One possibility to get the last of four at this shop pointed out by Stan. Probably not a candidate for “serious discounting”
    Good time for you to get a deal in a Gild Wing maybe

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

EDR has one on his dyno, 121 hp 56 ft lbs torque.

arrow muffler, stock header and cat still on it. Don’t know about a tune assumed it was stock. Beautiful bike in the video.

11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Wasn’t that 675 numbers?

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

With an arrow muffler, just about in the range of it....

[​IMG]

13. roy826ex

I do not know I don’t really keep up with triumphs.

This was not a 675 it was the Moto2 765 unobtanium model

14. roy826ex

15. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

From my understanding they’re just doing MSRP

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Probably massively choked up with the new emissions standards. I would be curious to see what one does that's been uncorked and tuned a bit.

5axis likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Be interesting to see one that was worked and well set up.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

They should have offered that bodywork as a race kit package IMHO.

20. Tristan

To race where? Probably 1 or 2 AHRMA classes...what else?