1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs you are getting older.....

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Mar 22, 2020.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would prove that my DGAF is more advanced than yours, but I can't be bothered.

cav115 and Steeltoe like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When you need your kid to disable the features on your tv so you don’t fuck it up and have to watch Green Acres in Cantonese...

2blueYam likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

When my kids graduate college and go on their merry way, the tv can go with them. I can't even turn it on, and can't be bothered to figure it out. I just put a new stereo in the old C10 that we are resto-modding. I had to get my son to set it up for me. When I was his age, you took the radio out of the box, slung it into the hole in the dash, and turned one knob to listen to Van Halen.

tony 340 likes this.
  4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I put down a very large pallet of St Augustine grass yesterday. The prep is the back breaking work. I put down one Two years ago with not much prep work needed but this go around just about killed me.

2 years older didn’t help any.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You read "Signs you are getting older." threads to see if you have any symptoms.

cav115 and noles19 like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Addendum:

You spend half an hour looking for the bifocals hanging on a string around your neck, to read “Signs you are getting older” threads to see if you have any symptoms. :D

cav115 likes this.
  7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Or you forget that you pushed your reading glasses up onto your forehead and wonder out loud that you cannot find them.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

When you look in your rear view mirror and you're being tailgated and you look at your speedo and you're doing 32 in a 35.

9. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Or 32 in a 55.

Metalhead likes this.
  10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

No that just means you're stoned.

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You know you're getting old when the sign at the bar says " you must be born before this date in XX year"......you initially start comparing it to the year you graduated high school.

Once the signs pass that date.......all hope is lost.

12. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

In my 20s I always had a cool story for my injuries, now I wake up, and I’m injured? Woke up yesterday with a damaged cornea, having to take eye drops every hour, on the hour, until I meet the surgeon tomorrow. Completely blind in my right eye, but at least I have an excuse to dress like a pirate. Argh! Argh? Sigh... my boys want me to consider a laser eye, I concur. WTF, injured from sleeping?!

13. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Three wheels instead of two, floorboards instead of pegs or rearsets, and cupholders instead of lap timers...........nuff said.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What the heck? Hopefully you scratched it in your sleep and it will heal by itself over time, and you just get to be a pirate for awhile. Argh!

15. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

What if reading this causes fond memories of way back when you were comparing legal age birthdates to the year you graduated high school?

2blueYam likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Or way back when the birth date of the playboy centerfold was more than 9 months after the date you lost your virginity...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep! The first time getting older actually got an emotional reaction was when I realized legal bartenders were born after I graduated high school... Then I ordered a beer and got over it :D

beac83 and 2blueYam like this.
  18. gixxernaut

Damn, son! How many centerfolds are you implying that you sired?

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There's my homeroom angel
    On the pages in between!

20. gixxernaut

J Geils is just busting out all over the beeb lately.