1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 20 Game arrives 4/22

Discussion in 'General' started by tecknojoe, Apr 20, 2020.

1. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Newyork likes this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I assume it’s just showing empty tracks and blocked off stands?? These are supposed to be realistic, no?

MachineR1, Badger911GT3 and Phl218 like this.
  3. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Player will control his rider who is in turn playing a video game of Moto GP

MachineR1, Knotcher, motoboy and 3 others like this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

So, game has been out for a bit now. How is it? Worth buying if I already have MotoGP '19?

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm not seeing anything to tempt me to upgrade from '19.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

There's a few reviews up on Youtube. A good one that does side by side comparisons with 2019. I haven't played either of them but the visuals appears noticeably darker in 2020.

Senna likes this.
  7. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

There are lots of changes, but I'm not convinced yet that it's better, just different. They've added fuel consumption and power maps, which is cool but took some getting used to and playing with settings (somehow running through "20 laps" worth of gas in a 9 lap race).. Full fuel load at the start of the race definitely noticeably affects the bikes handling and braking as well.

The AI is much much improved on how they react to each other in a pack, and how they react to you. If you stuff it up the inside, they'll run a little wider to avoid you, and if you hit them they'll gesture at you.. haha They've also added damage, and you can bump people so many times your bike breaks down.

I've heard that braking is much much different and you can endo the bike when you grab too hard but I've only played Moto3 so far and haven't noticed a huge change, but it is slightly different.

They've also added some cool development stuff into the career mode where you have to hire engineers and task your people with working on improvements. Not well explained at all but interesting once you get the hang of it.

The difficulty has improved in my opinion, and I'm struggling to get in the points with my bike where it's currently at and the difficulty at 80%, but I've already improved the bike to the point of setting pole most races comfortably. The weird thing is once the race starts I'm not able to come within a handful of seconds of my qualifying time or the time that the leaders are running, and I'm not sure why that is.

The other big negative I've noticed is the AI brakes way way way WAAAY too early for basically every corner. The run a ridiculously tight line and somehow still carry speed through the corner, but I completely destroyed my bike more than once because I was following a pack of AI's and they all slammed on the brakes 100+ feet before I needed to. If this one thing was fixed I'd probably tell people it's worth buying but with this the way it is it makes the game a 50/50 for me.

Senna likes this.
  8. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Could the early braking you are seeing from the AI be a product of the difficulty setting of 80%?

MachineR1 likes this.
  9. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I'd say no. '17 was the last time I bought it, and really there aren't that many new and exciting things. The braking is much different, the AI is different, you can change electronics mid race (power, wheelie, braking). It's kind of cool that you have to develop bikes over the season. My back of the pack motogp bike is significantly slower than the factory bikes in the straights. The recreation of the bumpiness at COTA is comically good. Overall fun but if I had 19 I wouldn't bother

Senna likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Thanks man.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Thank you!

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I thought about buying this for Switch, but theres no online multiplayer on that platform. oh wells.