1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

We get crushed in Zwift. In the real world us Handcyclists blow the doors off uprights down hills due to low aero drag. Flat ground I can hang with B level riders, Uphills, we get crushed because we just don't have the muscle mass. I did a metric century down in Charleston last year and averages 19.4 mph over 65 miles but only 650 ft total elevation and I was sucking peoples wheels a lot in the draft. I'm much stronger this year but that ride was cancelled due to Covid.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Monitor is very easy to look at. I'm basically lying down on the bike. I have my FTP set at 130 but if I retested right now I think it is now up to 135, possibly 140. Max power depends on what you mean. Max 3 second? 5 second? 1 minute? 5 minute? etc. I measure all that stuff. There is no handcycling setting in Zwift even though we have been asking for one to put us on a level playing field. They claim they are working on it. But they have been saying that for quite some time now.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Honestly thought they would be more expensive. Pretty bad ass being finished by the team craftsman .

Ride safe,
    AAron

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Rarely ride trails in this thing. Good for taking short cuts thru the trails to get back in the road. 1587262562504610941586.jpg

Cannoli and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Anyone here use Rouvy trainer app? If so, thoughts? Any discount codes? :D

7. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Part of the fork around the brake caliper for increased aerodynamics

Senna likes this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I've been doing a bunch of dirt riding lately and am really digging it. We don't have huge elevation changes out here in Iowa, but there's a nice state park that has a couple short loops that can be pretty challenging with a lot of roots, punchy climbs and mixed terrain.

I'm thinking of picking up a fat bike for the winter instead of doing trainer workouts. Do any of you guys do a lot of fat bike mileage in the colder months?

I think I'll end up selling the road bike here in a few weeks. If it's a nice day out, I just don't see myself picking the road bike over riding the local dirt trails. If it's raining, I'd probably just stay in or take the mtb out on the paved paths.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Well, finally cleared calculated 3W/KG, which was my target way back in January. Combination of consistent weight loss and FTP gains.

Does anyone have experience with either the Tacx Neo 2T or Wahoo Kickr Core? Wondering if the Tacx is worth the extra coin.

12. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Congrats on reaching your goal! I have neither but neo has the bells and whistles, and core is well...core. essentially a gen 1 kickr (same flywheel etc), fixed stand and no cadence sensor. The QC issues of wahoo makes me hesitate everytime they are on sale. Neo has a lot going for it except price. It still reigns supreme in shootouts and is the benchmark for others.

I'd get whatever bike puts a smile on your face. Try it, and if it doesn't work out, try something else. I don't know much about fat bikes but have heard through axle rear wheel and compatibility with bigger tyres is the go, so prob something contemporary vs a few yrs old.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Thanks man! Yeah, I’m leaning towards the Neo. It’ll hit the wallet harder but it’s something I will use 3-4 days a week every week. I’ve also listed my XC bike for sale and hopefully the proceeds from that would pay for the Neo outright.

Ideally, I’d have a trail MTB, fat bike, and the trainer but funds are getting tight these days. I may just focus on road cycling for fitness this year.

14. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

I have the Neo but have nothing to compare it to other than rollers and dumb trainers. I've had no issues with it in two years and it does what it says it will.

Senna likes this.
  15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Who on here owns or has a relationship with a bike shop that sells De Rosa?
    I know what bike I want but closest dealers to me according to their website are Miami and Palm Beach. The shop near Tampa that is listed is out of business.
    So I’m looking at a 3+ hour drive or ordering online. If I’m ordering I’d prefer to buy through someone from here.
    TIA.

Ride safe,
    AAron

16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Where are you located? Your profile says PA?

17. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Sorry
    Sorry I need to update that I live in Sarasota, Florida now.
    I will be traveling to PA before Summit endurance round and also to Summit of course for the race in June. So most likely could make something work up that way also.

Ride Safe,
    AAron

18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I just checked, my shop that I haven't been to in ages closed in 2018. Good luck on your hunt.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  19. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I have a Kickr core. It's very quiet compared to my Kickr Snap, I love it. No real issues with calibration / power. Very few dropouts (bluetooth to macbook pro). I almost bought the Tacx Neo 2T because the side to side motion would be nice for longer rides, but I didn't want to pay the extra price just for that.

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Tech question for you all. I've had my old Top End Force RX handcycle hooked up to my Wahoo Kickr trainer all winter and spring pretty much. Anyway, when I previously swapped from the trainer to the front wheel for an outdoor ride there was zero change in the shifting as it should be (same exact cassettes on the wheel and the trainer). I've now changed the bike from a 28/39/50 triple and 11-36T cassette to a 34/50 2x and 11-40T cassette. I'm running Di2 BTW. The trainer still has the 11-36T cassette on it. I set the bike up just today with the new gearing and bigger cassette. It's shifting great with the wheel on it. I then put it on the trainer and the indexing is off. They are both 11 speed Shimano cassettes. So, my question is if I have great shifting with a 11 speed 11-40T cassette and then put it on the trainer with a 11 speed 11-36T cassette can the indexing then be off? I wouldn't think the change in cog diameters would cause that? They are both 11 speed and Shimano. I've rechecked everything. Put the wheel back on the bike and shifting is great and then put it back on the trainer and the same problem is still there.