Any Ford Sales guys in the house

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Apr 20, 2020.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Drove through a ford place by my house today checking out some trucks and they have several with the new 7.3 and the stickers say there is an $8k difference between that and the diesel. They did have a pretty nice white, 4 door, 4wd, 7.3 f250 with a sticker of $48k. Pretty basic but I think it had the off-road package. Didn’t seem unreasonable for a vehicle with an engine named Godzilla.

ducnut likes this.
  2. joec

joec brace yourself

How are dealers working registrations and titling without the motor vehicle departments open. Just curious.

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Our state announced no enforcement on new vehicle registration or expired driver licenses for now.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Guessing they toss a paper plate on it, then whatever happens happens.. Your title gets to you when they send them out. Crazy. As long as it's got insurance.....

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Just don’t hit shit and be sure that you’re insured.

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

In Florida dealers can do it all except printing an actual title.

Metal tag on the vehicle before it's taken off the lot.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

The mva here has been closed for weeks. They gotta run out of plates in FLA at some point.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm guessing they'll have to go back once everything is sorted out to address speed and red light cams.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Here I think that's normally the case with new cars. Not used. But I talked to a friend a Ford dealership tonight and she said they are using paper plates that are 60 day and those are beginning to expire on the used cars they sell. They arr estimating titles may not be in hand for 4 months or more.

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It's auto replenish, so unless USPS shuts down nobody should run out

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Most titles are electronic unless you want a paper one.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

Where do they originate?

13. joec

joec brace yourself

I have a paper title for my truck.. Got it 2.5 years ago. Maryland still issues them.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Fa..........k, what do you mean even if it is the color of paint. To me once you have selected your car/truck you want, that is the most important thing. My neighbor only wants white cars, but I like a wild variety of colors.

C'mon, you think when it is going down the assembly line the workers are going.....wow this is for dealer stock, let's mess it up and throw a handful of washers in the transmission?

Woooo HOOOOO!!!! Are they extending that to speeding tickets at 90+?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    stickboy274 likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Not at all. It's the odd order that makes them stop and think. The break from routine is what fucks up all the dealer's orders. :D

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have some ocean front land to sell you in Arizona.:D

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'd prefer New Mexico...something in the Deming area.

18. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I have been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a F150 XLT but I have yet to find one

19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

We sold out of them last month. I think we sold almost 150 F-150's alone last month, so inventory on previous year model is all but gone. Still good deals on the '20s. Though I understand a good deal to some folks is half off. :)

20. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

You guys had one listed for 28K, which was sold when I stopped by. I figured finding one for under 30 OTD is what I am keeping an eye out.