1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

There is a video that is over 2 hours long from the Minneapolis rally/protest, a guy just walked around and asked people what they had to say. I watched over half of it and it was pretty much 100% complete morons. If you don’t believe me watch some and report back.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Post it up. Was there absolutely no editing? Again... you can make idiot videos anywhere & anytime.

3. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

So everyone saying end this “quarantine” is stupid?

4. R1Racer99

Look up Minneapolis protest. It was live so I don’t believe there was editing.

5. R1Racer99

No. The people at these protests are.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If you’re talking about the protest outside the governors mansion, that was an St. Paul PD estimated gathering of 800 people.

How many of those 800 (likely 25-50% more based on what I’ve seen of “estimates”) did your gumshoe reporter talk to?

7. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Based on who the people of Minneapolis choose to elect, I don’t doubt there are more than a few dumb-dumbs there.

8. R1Racer99

I’d have to sit there for two hours and count but it was many. Also, I’m not paranoid about catching this thing, but I’d consider hanging out with a thousand strangers at this time pretty stupid too. I can’t stand protestors period, it’s a complete waste of time, I don’t care what the issue is.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If only you could do something useful about them like protesting loudly on a bulletin board system about how dumb they are.

10. R1Racer99

Dude almost every post you make here is calling someone dumb (which I have no problem with btw). But how are you going to call someone else out for it?

I think protests are a waste of time and after listening to these people I believe they’re a little short in the iq department, that’s all.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well get on that, then. You know, for science, and shit. :Poke:

I know you’re not that gullible as to think the product of someone with an agenda is reflective of reality.

The last two points you ain’t getting no argument from me. Had a few friends ask if I was going to the protest...not on your fucking life!

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think anyone who supports the shutdown but is collecting a paycheck needs to put
    their money where their mouth is and donate every cent of their pay to charity and
    not pay any of their bills. They need to do that for as long as people aren't being allowed
    to work. If they're happy to put millions in the position of having no income and not
    having money to pay the rent or the car payment, the least they can do to show their
    sincerity is to put themselves in the same position they so blithely put others in.
    Otherwise, it's just a case of "I've got mine, fuck everyone else".
    You supporters do those two things and then I'll take you seriously.

I know people who still haven't seen an unemployment check or a stimulus check. I don't
    know how they sleep at night. They probably don't.

Banditracer and baconologist like this.
  13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

You replaying all the DE series? I have the original GOTY edition and have been debating picking up the newer ones.

14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

It’s so bad in NYC the USS Comfort is being redeployed to it’s base in Norfolk.

tl1098 and Banditracer like this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. baconologist

17. baconologist

It amazes me how willingly people accept the propaganda and ignore the data.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Not sure what you mean by numbers people, but I went to a prominent university and got an A+ in statistics. I guess that qualifies. In any case, I don't think you need be a numbers person to answer your question. What the CDC may or may not have said when the current facts and circumstances are considerably different than what they were, and were projected to be, at one time or another is no longer relevant. The federal government has issued guidelines, and applicable criteria, here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/#criteria

I specifically excerpt two items (there are more, I encourage reading them all), emphasis added:

"Downward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests within a 14-day period."

and

"State and local officials may need to tailor the application of these criteria to local circumstances (e.g., metropolitan areas that have suffered severe COVID outbreaks, rural and suburban areas where outbreaks have not occurred or have been mild). Additionally, where appropriate, Governors should work on a regional basis to satisfy these criteria and to progress through the phases outlined below."

Nowhere in the guidance does it indicate anything needs to happen on a consecutive basis, and it specifically notes that the application of judgment may be warranted to address specific factors. Perhaps you misunderstood your local government's plans? I hope so. Because downward trajectory does not mean without exception, and if that is how your local government interpreted it, or, if after assessing the local situation, exercised judgment such that they concluded that 14 days of consecutive drops is warranted, I'd move.

Gino230, Montoya and Gorilla George like this.
  19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Math is probably my worst subject ... but if there are 336 million people in US and you gave each one dollar it would cost 336 million .. your results may vary ... :D
    edit: I see others have already addressed this .. never mind

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You failed to account for the cost of delivering that dollar to each individual, you know, closing costs and shit. Your estimate is way too conservative.

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.