Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Assassin's Creed is third person. Which I generally stay away from, but this one is fantastic. In Black Flag you're a pirate and have naval battles.

Steeltoe and Gorilla George like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:
    Hanes already does that.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I think you’re mistaking Broome with someone else. Those are great games, but you have to work at them. This is why Dead Rising just SCREAMS him. Lol!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

FTFY

cav115 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Can you imagine that fool playing The Witcher? All the crafting and potions and spells and two swords and all the controls? He would rage quit in minutes.

Never even make it to the parts with titties and whores. ;)

Funkm05 likes this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update. 1,296 new positives. Exceeds trailing 3 day average, less than trailing 7 day average.

upload_2020-4-21_16-30-29.png

upload_2020-4-21_16-30-43.png

dlafz1 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

https://files.nc.gov/ncdhhs/documents/files/covid-19/Weekly-COVID19-Surveillance.pdf

COVID-19 Surveillance: April 5 – April 11, 2020

Key findings for the week ending April 11, 2020 

Fewer people than normal are seeking care in North Carolina emergency departments. 

Emergency department visits for fever/respiratory illness (COVID-like illness) are higher than normal for this time of year. 

During the week ending April 11, 2020, emergency department visits for COVID-like illness increased in the mountain region and went down in other parts of the state. 

The percent of people seen in the emergency department for COVID-like illness who had to stay in the hospital went up. This suggests that people with milder COVID-like illness are either getting
    care outside the emergency department or not seeking medical care. 

Data from other surveillance systems will be added as they are available.

For monitoring COVID-19, NC DETECT epidemiologists are using a syndrome called the COVID-like Illness (CLI) Syndrome. CLI Syndrome looks for ED visits with mention of COVID or fever/chills and cough or shortness of breath in the chief complaint or triage notes. Please note that CLI syndrome does NOT indicate confirmed cases of COVID-19.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Ohio had 20,000 deaths from other causes in a month and a half?

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nothing we didn't already know. Of the known cases work force types are more likely to catch it and also have an overwhelming likelihood of survival.

COVID-19 North Carolina.png

Deaths by age
    North Carolina Dashboard.png

10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

boomer remover!

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

According to reports from the CDC, in 2017, the last year for which figures are available, in an average month in North Carolina about 1,600 people died from cancer, 1,500 people died from heart disease, 498 people died from accidents, 461 people died from chronic lower respiratory disease and 424 people died from stroke. Those were the top five causes of death in North Carolina in 2017 according to the CDC.

Covid-19 killed 179 in a month.

https://www.rhinotimes.com/news/looking-at-deaths-from-other-causes-compared-to-covid-19/
    (Long time independent paper in Guilford County.)

12. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

i have come to the conclusion mother nature has finally found a way to thin the stupid out of the herd. ie the stupid want to not quarintine, they want to get out . my opinion ,let them. more room for the rest of us after they are all gone. also,the enviroment is already showing improvement since we arent burning up the air with toxic fumes.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

My wife works in the ER as you guys know, she's being sent home early every shift now, and many are being told not to even come in. ER is at maybe 25% capacity, and the ICU is also at maybe 60% of NORMAL capacity, notwithstanding the extra shit they have set up that's not being used. We are in Broward County, FL, a coronavirus "hotspot".

Our local gov't says they will not consider reopening until they see 14 days of consecutive drops in numbers- (not sure if that's new cases or deaths).

Question for the numbers people- wasn't that what the CDC came up with when they were still predicting 200,000 Deaths in the US? Now that it seems clear we will maybe hit 65K, do we still need to wait that long?

I understand the risks, but literally Millions of dollars of hard earned money is being lost daily, with no end in sight. Not one government official has given some kind of date- for christ sake, just make one up at this point, so businesses can start planning, people will start planning to rebuild their lives.

Nobody wants to be first because they don't want to be attacked by the media and the subsequent squirrel army that will be unleashed on social media- but don't they get that generations of work is being lost?

fastedyamaha likes this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yeah DeWine (Ohio) and his sidekick stated today that it would be another 18 months before this was over in Ohio...meantime we are no where near the 200,000 cases they stated we would have by now in the state...

15. auminer

A very fascinating (and telling) comparison would be to juxtapose the approximately 700 cases aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship vs the approximately 700 cases aboard the TR.

While I don't have firsthand knowledge of the demographics aboard the cruise ship, I would suspect that they would tend toward older, retired folks.

The demographics aboard Navy ships are HEAVILY weighted towards 25 and under.

So, two ocean faring vessels, with 700 cases apiece, with night & day demographics. Global news coverage of their plights, and correspondingly intensive medical oversight of those aboard. Should be very telling.

Diamond Princess is listed at 712 cases, 13 deceased, and 644 recovered, leaving 55 unaccounted for as yet.

TR has one confirmed deceased... at 41, probably one of the 50 oldest people aboard.

[​IMG]

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Here’s the problem. Literally EVERY bit of data says that only a minuscule % of them will have anything happen to remove them based on this virus. Which is exactly why they’re right. But don’t let facts get in the way.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Spang308 and jdaniel like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

People are going apeshit over the folks protesting.
    What are they gonna say when every nation comes out of lockdown in May?
    Because the bulk of nations are making plans to come out of lockdown in May.

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

For anyone questioning if these people are stupid or not, just go on YouTube and watch the interviews, it’s entertaining but sad how dumb these people are.

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

They may be stupid, but the data says they’re not wrong.

Spang308 likes this.
  20. auminer

You can get "moron on the street" videos to support any position that you wish to support. Film enough people, and ask them all even basic questions and you'll get a few dipshits that you can edit into a video to show how even Mensa members are idtios.

Anecdotes are not data.

gixxernaut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.