1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

As if on cue...

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Prove it.

3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Oh FFS, I knew this was coming.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

One can almost feel the level of disappointment emanating from the fear mongers and the lock down supporters because the projected death rates are not occurring at the levels they said they would.

At least they can take solace with the economy being destroyed.

And still no proof when the virus was introduced into the USA. Run chicken little, run.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why limit it to triple when quadruple is like way more dramatic and shit.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Caught an interesting factoid today: COVID cases are counted against a person's address of residence, NOT where they are at the time. Maine has 17 cases that aren't counted in it's total because those people have non-Maine residence addresses... how does that make sense?!

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

But the numbers are annual and there are people that get the flu during the other five months too.

8. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Oh, FFS here we go.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Prove it.

10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

What are you questioning here, that reducing contact w/ others hasn't reduced transmission of the virus?

Are all you just gaslighting or do you actually believe this?

11. Venom51

No..the statement was that if these things had not been done the number of dead would be triple the current number. I believe we are calling bullshit on that claim.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's mildly psychotic don't you think?

Basically you are saying one side of the fence won't be satisfied until enough people have died to warrant shutdowns and quarantining, and the other side is hoping there will be more people that die so the shutdown won't appear to be unwarranted? That's a pretty sick point of view.

It's interesting that people are being equally fanatic about the economy being destroyed as you put it. If it rebounds in short order and things (understandably not overnight) get back to some state of normalcy (which it will; all those people who lost loved ones to the virus won't be getting them back) will you feel disappointment that it didn't stay in the toilet and cause more ruin?

As you know, the circumstances of this economic downturn are not like the crash in 2008 or the great depression. The economy was in great shape and an unforeseen health issue caused this, which means it will have a better outcome of correcting itself afterwards.

Until there's some kind of testing that can determine that, how can it be proven?

tony 340 likes this.
  13. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

If one good thing has come from this, it’s that I now have a much better idea of who I can count on to keep their shit together in a real crisis. This thing isn’t a real crisis- never was, and the real damage is due to the media overhype and virtue signaling by politicians.

14. Venom51

Do you weep every time some random American doesn't make it home from the grocery store or work and dies in traffic? I mean if you are going to be sad over people dying shouldn't you be sad under normal circumstances?

Those worried about the economy are simply showing the same compassion you are but from a different direction. They know when people can't pay their bills the rates of suicide, divorce and abuse(physical and substance) all increase. 6.6 million...out of work now...not in 3 weeks and they probably won't get the same effort put into the flattening their curve.

418, scottn, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I know that.

But I don't have a lack of empathy for those that are being hamstring'd by this. Not only does it suck, but the government is bumbling around with how they are handling it and the "relief" they are attempting to send out, and screwing up royally. As I've said before, I don't look at this situation in purely black and white terms. There's nuance to how best handle both preventing the spread and not ruining the financial situation.

To be honest over the last week or so I've been paying less attention to things on the home front (maybe I'm getting numb to the same news everyday) and more into China. I'm really thinking this is this generation's 9/11, I'm just hoping in the aftermath they don't fumble this one like they did last time.

16. Venom51

Yeah...todays reports that the mega banks are essentially sitting on the sidelines of getting the loans out to the people and businesses that need them pretty well pisses me off after the bailouts they recieved for their bullshit behavior before. I'm not sure how those people in that place could put pressure on them to do the work but it pisses me off that they aren't actively trying to help.

tony 340 and crashman like this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, I’m saying those who cried like chicken little are showing signs of being disappointed as their projected death rates are not materializing as they said it would. Yes, it is psychotic and very sick.

crashman and Fonda Dix like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

There is that lack of reading comprehension you are so fond of sharing.

crashman likes this.
  20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

no doubt some are disappointed that the expendables didn’t expend enough of themselves

crashman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.