1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest round of gun threads - Shotguns

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Mar 25, 2020.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Well keep me in mind then if you get any of the stuff I mentioned lol (assuming you can ship to out of state FFL's)

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bolts are reliable semi autos not so much and most guys don’t want a bolt gun for Defense ;)
    That being said we’ve built a few bolt sawed off 12s that were fun toys

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I didn't want a bolt action shotgun either, I wanted an 870. :D. But it's what I was given when I was thirteen. It was fun embarrassing my step dad's friends when we went pheasant hunting.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

But did you have the last laugh coming home from hunting?

5. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

I’d like to see a pic of that 500?

Quicktoy and sharkattack like this.
  6. Quicktoy

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I did, since I lived in the country and shot something, pellet gun, .22, shotgun, everyday I was a pretty decent shot. My step dad told me I had to wait for them to miss before I dropped the bird. :)

fastfreddie and Quicktoy like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was joking, we're allowed out around here.

9. Quicktoy

It’s always the quiet ones. Lol.

10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yep I have one. Worth the money I spent for it new. Its definitely a close quarters shotgun

Quicktoy and lopitt85 like this.
  11. Quicktoy

Posted it for you

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I have some history in the magazine fed shotgun building craze/era.
    I did a lot of jobs/processes, making them things run 110% for competition/etc.
    W/ that said, I would never stake my life on one. 870 Pump all the way!!!!
    What it is w/ the magazine-fed shotties, if the loaded mag is inserted in the weapon for a length of time, the top/front of the 1st round is being sprring-pressed against the bottom of the bolt/carrier and , the plastic crushes/distorts on the shell. Will it cause a malfunction? who knows, but it could.
    And then semi-autos.... I'll take a pump, for various reasons.

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have had my Mossberg 500 for 46 years and have put at least 5K rounds through it shooting trap, 3 gun and all kinds of stuff. After about4K rounds the action bars broke. The replacement part cost $15 and took 30 seconds to replace.
    I have an 870TB with beautiful wood that I use for trap, now.

Get a Mossberg.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. Quicktoy

Military went to mossberg. Love the 870 but I only use a 500/590 receiver for defense.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

My home defense Mossberg 500. Love this thing! Have a flashlight coming for it Thursday. Still deciding if I like the site on it or not. My wife likes it but I’m not sold. I think it’s the equivalent of a fart can on a stock Honda.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

I like the Burris speed bead. It’s a great clay red dot. I put a laser on my Dads 590. It shows the spread pattern on the wall and it gets bigger as you go further away :).

17. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Before I got the site I was looking for a laser that would do exactly that but couldn’t find anything I really liked. What laser did you end up with?

18. Love my Benelli Ethos, way beyond anything in my range of capability but it was a gift.

19. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I really want a bullpup but being a lefty it seems the shells would eject right into my cheek.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

I’ll have to look at the brand. Was on eBay for like $125 last year.