1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018+ Mustang GT

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicoz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

#1 reason to not buy a new mustang...its a stripper's car. Seriously while they talk about paying for college and med school all they really want is enough money for a mustang. and some coke. but hey who DOESNT want some extra money for coke? But mostly its mustang money they crave...

So if you're a stripper go ahead...otherwise know all your car guy friends will secretly talk bad about you driving a "stripper's car".

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is that like all the mocking Miata drivers get for being raging homoqueerables?

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Hey, I always get the right of way when I'm driving my Miata:
    1. Straight guys who want to see the cute girl
    2. Girls who want to see the cute girl's hair style
    3. Gay guys who want to see the other gay guy
    4. "Straight" guys who are "curious" about the guy driving a red Miata (you would be surprised how many dudes check me out)

Gino230 likes this.
  4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I bought my wife a Miata a few years ago because she wanted to track days... We had it for 2 years and I think she drove it 5 times. lol

I drove it constantly, I loved that thing.

Gross.. Also, WTF would OP want to rebuild on old fox body when he can just pick up a brand new near 500hp car with a warranty and 0% interest and just start driving it? I dont hate Fox Body's but I don't understand the whole culture about how everyone thinks they're the greatest things ever. Id take a clean 4.6L SN95 over a Fox Body TBH..

pscook and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Lots of men here obsessed with what others think about them. Weird.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My dad showed up to dinner with the family with a surprise new miata in 99. Thought great, I now have two moms. Turned out, Miata's are the shiz nittle bam snip snap snap. Loved that car.

This statement disqualifies you from discussing mustangs.

Rebel635, TurboBlew and pscook like this.
  7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Question for the Mustang guys. Why does every new 5.0 I see get all boy racered out, and have the absolute loudest, harshest, blattyest, shittyest exhaust note ever. Those Coyotes sound just awful.......

noles19 likes this.
  8. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

The 4-bangers are worse. Damn thing sounds like a straight-pipe Civic!

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've been renting these weekly from Hertz from January up until the lockdowns started after 2nd week in March. They're a blast! I love the sound, and Ford seems to have fixed the interiors on these things. I used to hate Mustangs because of the interiors, but the newest iterations are pretty nice. I "may" have gotten a Federal speeding ticket on Natchez Trace for doing 85ish in a 55, but it was only because it felt like I was going slower. :D Don't let that deter you.

10. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

If you want to hear a sound, get you near the 5.2 Voodoo in the GT 350.

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Almost forgot...it's 460hp is rated at 87 octane. I don't bother buying premium in the winter. Or when the gas station thinks $1 is an appropriate upcharge for premium.

93 is good for more HP.

12. bored&stroked

They can sound good, but everyone just strait pipes them I think which doesn't like it used to on the old 5.0's.
    Like Joe said though, the 4 cylinders are worse in every way.

13. Trainwreck

Nah... you're telling me you'd take a Fox Body GT over a 98 Cobra if the price and condition were the same? (cant really compare the Fox Body Cobra due to scarcity) I've had my share of Mustangs. I really enjoyed the SN95 cars

14. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I'm a Vette guy and have always hated Mustangs, but I'd dress up in women's underwear for a new white GT with those bad ass upgraded stock wheels they got out now. That new body style is just pimp.
    460horse 10 spd with independent rear end for 30K? Seems like a bargain to me. So ford is doing 0% for 84 on the GT's?

15. bored&stroked

Absolutely.
    The 87-93's were the best looking of the bunch after the 1st gen.
    Small block ford sounds better too.
    And I can build one hell of a engine without needing boost with the small block. Mod motor no way.

16. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Yes, 0% 84 months on 2019’s.

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

18. Trainwreck

It's funny how peoples likes can vary lol I love the sound of mod motors. I don't have anything against fox body cars at all or the older small blocks. They're awesome too. I'm just partial maybe to mod motors and SN95's because i've had a few and have always really enjoyed them. I had one 5.0 LX and I didnt hate that car at all.. I just liked the SN95 more.

bored&stroked likes this.
  19. As I type this I can hear my neighbor, who’s probably 70 flogging his Bullet mustang up and down the runway at the airport :) small town airport and he has a plane in a hanger there, plus sits on the airport board. Great to see someone actually use a car properly, well at least flogging it.

Boman Forklift, scottn and pscook like this.
  20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Doubt that applies to the GT350s.

If they'd include those, I'd have a deposit down on one before lunchtime.

tropicoz likes this.